non-tox

I'm trying to enlighten you. I've posted 6,200 times on this Forum since April, 2005. No BS here.

See my post #10 above where I provided the densities of Lead shot, HeviShot, and TSS Tungsten shot pellets. There is no comparison. In addition, the TSS Tungsten pellets are perfectly shaped spheres. They are as hard as steel and do not deform, which means they pattern very tightly. I shoot 50% of my #5 TSS pellets into a 30" diameter at 100yds.

I also knocked another crane down @120yds with #5 TSS pellets.

My buddies shotgun patterns 74% of the #6 TSS pellets into a 30" circle at 80yds. He dropped a crane @98yds in September with 8 of the #6 pellets hitting the bird. He had complete penetration with 7 of those 8 pellets. He recovered one of the 8 pellets that remained in the bird.

Visit the website I provided the link to in my post #13 if you want an education on TSS Tungsten shot shell pellets

As I already stated, TSS Tungsten pellets are in a league of their own, altogether different than HeviShot, and every other available shot shell pellet.

I am going to stick with the Hevishot. I have had superior results
performance wise from it and really believe nothing else compares.

No foul - no harm.

HeviShot is much less expensive. In every other manner, it's inferior.

Well, we shall say that we agree to disagree.
I am going to use some HEVI X 3" 4's on
opening day this season

Let me when you start dropping 10lb geese and cranes at distances exceeding 100yds.

Then I'll know you're using TSS Tungsten. :D

I will send you some detailed reports on what the Hevi X does to the
migrating mallards in the MS Flyway in a couple of weeks
it should be EPIC

Hevi X worked extremely well this past weekend in NE Arkansas....
it is amazing how hard those shells hit....ZERO cripples

No, I don't try the 130 shots but within 60 yards Hevi X or
Hevishot Duck drops them stone dead

My hunting begins at 60yds.
Guess I'll have to avoid the powderpuff stuff, and continue to shoot TSS shot.

Do yourself a favor and maximize your hunting opportunities and Hevishot
will help you do it. Simply a better product

HeviShot is a cheaper, less expensive product. It's inferior, ballistically, to TSS by any and every ballistic performance measure. If you had ever fired a single shell containing TSS shot, you'd already understand, and couldn't honestly claim 'better', with the exception of it being less expensive.

The density of HeviShot is 13g/cc.
The density if TSS is 18g/cc. Which is why HeviShot is lethal to 60yds, and TSS shot lethal to 130yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.