non-tox

Yes it's sad, I heard Santa barbra California outlawed plastic straws bc of unwanted waste. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious

Eventually, lead will be a shot of the past it seems. The good news is that brands like Hevishot make a superior shot now. It is denser than lead, hits harder, holds patterns better, and hits hard at extended ranges.

California is non lead for hunting anything...oregon is trying to go that way but they can't makeup their mind..muzzleloaders can shoot a full brass bullet or a full lead bullet....but can't shoot a bullet designed like most center fire rifles......it doesn't seem stupid....it is stupid.......

Outlaw lead legalize weed .....what is wrong with people. Better outlaw tide pods too hahahaha. They can be bad for you.

I am mainly a shotgun hunter and I am a big believer in the
higher end shells like Hevishot. They kill cleaner and
have so much more PUNCH at extended ranges

Tungsten is King of non-tox shot for length of reach. But it costs about $6-$7 per shell, IF you reload your own ammo.

We dropped sandhill cranes at 130, 120, and 95yds with #5 tungsten pellets this fall, and one at 100yds with #6 tungsten pellets.

I'm now loading TSS tungsten #1 Buckshot. The ultimate close range brown bear defense load. 12 pellets of #1B, weigh 1 3/4oz. MV ~1,250fps = brain dead bear.

Too expensive for doves, ducks, and other high volume shot gunning. But awesome LRH shot shells for straight away shots on predators or straight away shots on cranes, after they've flared.

I don't consider the Hevishot to be expensive when you compare
the number of shots it takes to cleanly take waterfowl or a turkey.
I have few to NO cripples with the Hevishot which eliminates the
clean up shots that were the NORM with steel.

Density of of Lead = 11gm/cc
Density HeviShot = 13gm/cc
Density of TSS Tungsten = 18gm/cc

TSS Tungsten shot is 63% denser than lead shot, and 38% denser than HeviShot. As a consequence, it's in a league of its own when it comes to shotshell lethality.

I have never tried anything that compared to Hevishot Duck or Hevi X
as far as waterfowl is concerned.

I have never tried anything that compared to Hevishot Duck or Hevi X
as far as waterfowl is concerned.
Then you've never tried TSS Tungsten shot. Try dropping a Sandhill Crane at 130yds with #5 HeviShot. Not possible even with #4 or #2 HeviShot.

TSS Tungsten #T size shot will pass completely thru a broadside deer @ 55yds.

But as I stated, the cost is exorbitant. 16oz of TSS tungsten costs ~ $50. Or about $3.12 per ounce.

I find that hard to believe at 130 yards?????????
I have taken most waterfowl species that travel
the MS Flyway from the flooded fields to dense
timber and have shot NOTHING close to the Hevishot.
It hits like a ton of bricks and is incredibly accurate
pattern wise for me

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.