No more bacon for you!

I think TN DNR did the same thing under the thinking of "well, if we outlaw hog hunting, people won't release hogs into the wild." If only keeping hogs away was that easy.
This is what it seems like to me. Despite all the hog hate, lots of places love selling hunts for them and lots of folks, myself included, love hunting them. They're cheap, plentiful, and offer year round opportunity.

This is what it seems like to me. Despite all the hog hate, lots of places love selling hunts for them and lots of folks, myself included, love hunting them. They're cheap, plentiful, and offer year round opportunity.
And absolutely destroy property, whether it be farmland/crops, residential yards and even cemeteries. Lots of places love selling hunts because it's an easy buck and there is zero management needed to ensure an over populated herd because of breeding and growth rates are so fast. They can also be a source of disease for the pork industry.

That's great. But it says nothing for the damage they do. For those property owners that are playing both sides of the fence, don't complain when you get overrun. What you do on your own property is up to you, but when it spills out onto your neighbors, that's another thing.

Sounds like some horse 🐎 💩 to me . Hogs will soon figure out the traps and not come into them . Even one of the most anti gun states California has hog hunting and made it cheaper to do so . Hogs will go nocturnal from just about any kind of pressure and will respond by relocating and going nocturnal. It doesn't make an ounce of sense to limit the removal of Hogs. They will soon figure out traps and then what?

Yes, California did in fact ease up this year. It is only required to buy a single tag, unlimited amount of hogs harvested with it, but you need to report each one before taking another. The State does want records of how many are being taken.

Not just hogs, but bears are also causing a lot of problems for people in the city. Hogs seem worse as they are rooting up the yards in the Yuppie neighborhoods. (Morgan Hill, San Ramon, areas like that)

I'm sure I've said this before, but please kill them all! Hogs are an absolute scourge in my area

It may make you feel better but it will do nothing to control them. Hogs have incredible fecundity. They will keep making more. Trapping them enmasse is one of the best ways to get a handle on them.

I'll let you have access to one of my places for $50 a pig.

The sticking point is I'll need you to pre-pay for a minimum of 100 pigs..... incentivizing active participation in maintaining pressure on them to keep them elsewhere 🤣 There's no eradicating them around me, too much 100% absentee land ownership with no management.

Bonus is you can have all the free mesquite wood you're willing to take away.