New wheelgun on the way.

ChrisRhodes

I'm always on the search for a better mouse trap. After a career of tuning guns and finding lemons from every maker….

I wanted to grab from the top shelf. I wanted a totally machined (not cast or forged) wheelgun were tolerances should be held to a higher standard.

I ordered a Korth Mongoose 44 mag. These don't have a readily available optics mount for them so I'll be making one. I'll be using a Trijicon SRO and will make the base from a EGW blank. I'll make it fit the LPA rear sight pocket.
EGW and Weigand have been making single screw mini red dot mounts for ruger guns for a while now without problem and those fit pretty loose so they will fit in every ruger made.

I'll make mine fit "tap in" tight and more than likely use the cross pin from the sight as well and bed it to the pocket.

After spending an hour conversing with Nighhawk on the phone about the Korth and then even reaching out to Germany for some of the specs I asked for….they sold me.

The fully adjustable trigger for single action, double action, and the "pause" in double is a big plus. The DLC coating over top of stainless should hold up extremely well.

Their price runs right there with many of the custom rifles people hunt with.

Attachments

• 0A607B60-AACC-4B19-83B1-EBF708C29C16.jpeg
    0A607B60-AACC-4B19-83B1-EBF708C29C16.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 143
I had to wonder why you would spend that kinnda $ when you could build your own accuracy. Just because is plenty good enough though.

I had to wonder why you would spend that kinnda $ when you could build your own accuracy. Just because is plenty good enough though.
Generally when I build a custom I have hours of time spent fixing the factory gun. Time is money. And now time spent in the shop is time lost hunting and fishing.

I have fixed enough of every brand over the years. Id like to just take a gun out of the box and go.