New toilet paper tube

The rs1.2 is a beautiful scope. I love mine. I haven't tested it at 2.5 in low light yet. However, I don't think it'd be an issue and wouldn't even need the illumination. And, I actually wish they didn't include it!

Agree.

I use Leupold 6 x 20 with dot reticle on my silhouette 7mm-08, but my wifes prefers the Vortex BDC reticle on her rifle. Pick your poison and let it rip. You will be hammering those rams at 500m with a 280, almost feel sorry for them, almost lol.
A dot is really hard to beat for silhouettes, however I want trigger time with my hunting rifle. Matches would be a good way to do it.

Agree.

I use Leupold 6 x 20 with dot reticle on my silhouette 7mm-08, but my wifes prefers the Vortex BDC reticle on her rifle. Pick your poison and let it rip. You will be hammering those rams at 500m with a 280, almost feel sorry for them, almost lol.
Back in the 90's at one venue the chicken rail was not set up particularly well. If you properly hit the rail with the 280 it would knock over all 4 banks of chickens over😂

I am going to buy another scope. It will not be a vortex or leupold. There is already a closet full of leupolds here and I want to try something else. This is going on a 280 Remington. It is my favorite rifle and the one I reach for most when shooting at stuff from wood chucks to big game. The vast majority of my hunting happens at muzzle to 100 yards. However there is opportunity to shoot farther at times when hunting the farm country near home. We also do a trip or 2 west each year. The scope will also be used to shoot high power silhouettes. (40 shot match at 2,3,4,&500 meters). Room to grow into farther ranges is of interest as well.

The SHV series of nightforce is of interest, especially the second focal plane 2-10. I am struggling over standard duplex or the MOAR though. For matches the dial seems nice, for hunting a reticle seems nice.

The new Maven rs1.2 2.5-15 mil reticle is appealing as well. My concern is the reticle visibility at 2.5 in really low light conditions.

What other suggestions do shooters here have?
Of those you mentioned, I'd go with the Maven RS 1.2. I currently use the Bushnell LRHS2 and it is a great scope. Reticle works well, both for long range, and low mag close stuff too.

John

Of those you mentioned, I'd go with the Maven RS 1.2. I currently use the Bushnell LRHS2 and it is a great scope. Reticle works well, both for long range, and low mag close stuff too.

John

I have been waiting for RS1.2 Mil for a while since it was out of stock. Chatted with Maven and they said June for restock -_-

LRHS2 is always in stock, but seems not very popular. Really attempting to take one. But 4.5-18 is not as useful as 2.5-15 for hunting...