New Lonestar FFP 4.5x18 scope.

NorthernWhitetails

Just recieved this new FFP scope to try one out for fun, and see how it compares to my Vortex and Leupolds,
First observations are that its a dead ringer for a Lucid Optics scope I looked over a few months ago, and the tube, looks like it came from same place as Primary Arms, Athlon etc. Discovery Optics ???
Anyway I was shocked how good it looks optically, when compared to scopes costing 4X as much it held up
Nicely, great eye relief and really like their reticule, looks almost identical to the P4L
reticule in one in my buddys S&B scopes. Lonestars reticule is listed in Strelok Pro, and if loaded with
The correct .1mil click values, it was spot on. Cranked it around quite abit and it seams to track as well as alot of the big name scopes..........
Decent snappy audible clicks, not quite as crisp as the Viper but not bad. This is a true Zero Stop turet . Side focus, Is smooth as silk and dails in great for a scope at this price point. Overall I was impressed to say the least.
Now how well it will hold up to hundreds of twists of the dails is anyones guess.........
But my first impressions of this 4.5x18 FFP scope, is outstanding performancer !

Last edited:
Yep I think they have dropped them down to $220 just before
Christmas, they were $350 when they first introduced them last spring???? Also the step brother Lucid MLX Optics is still $550 from Optics Planet, A guy that had both of them, posted on another site, he compared them and thinks they must be produced in same plant???? He couldn't find much different except the
Knobs and the Lucid has a filled hole present that is missing on the LoneStar???
I am not sure about any of that just repeating what he found??

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.