New Hornady outfitter 270 wsm

hlet07

I recently got a hold of a few boxes of Hornady outfitter with the new 130gr CX bullet for 270wsm and thought I'd share my 2 cents. I tried the original outfitter last year with the 130gr GMX and was less than impressed. In the 3 rifles I had at the time chambered in 270 wsm only one of them would shoot a sub moa 3 shot group with that particular ammo and it was just barely. The other 2 rifles hated it like nothing else I had tried, 2-2.5 moa was about average. I tested out the 130gr cx today and it shot much better. I shot 4, 3 shot groups at a 100 yards that measured .45 at best and .78 at worst out of the same T3X that shot the GMX very poorly. Its also seems to be a little faster. Both the old GMX outfitter and the new CX advertise a muzzle velocity of 3150, with the old stuff my average was 3041fps and with the new stuff it was 3111 using a labradar. Anyways, just thought I'd share my experience with this new ammo.

The only rifle I had any luck with GMX was in 243, all the other calibers I own, didn't like it. I have since settled on using Barnes.