New guy from AR

Welcome from GA and we won't hold it against you since you are in AR.
GO RAZORBACKS!!!
One of my best friends lives in Mountain View (a land that time forgot).
Great bunch of friends on this Forum. You won't find a better Forum on the internet to discuss information on hunting/reloading/shooting.
By all means ask for information that may help you and also share your knowledge with all of us.
If we can help you out in any way let us know!
Len & Jill
I appreciate it!! Definitely not a lot in mountain view but a pretty area.

Good afternoon!! My name is Micah and I'm from Arkansas. I actually found this forum looking for an upland hunting forum after I deleted Facebook and I really liked a lot of topics on here.

I have been shooting the better part of my life but just started hunting maybe 5-6 years ago. Up to that point I shot a lot of uspsa and 3 gun with the occasional round of sporting clays thrown in. The last few years I have really gotten into upland hunting and since I've been spending more time out west I have gotten the bug to try big game again.

I have a 2 year old daughter who loves coming hunting. She went on her first quail hunt at 6 months old. I would love to pick up any tips and tricks you have for geting and keeping kids involved as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and learning more about longrange hunting.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee

Welcome from SE Pa! Start with a 22 Long rifle and watch the recoil as you go. I had one that liked the 22 , 204 Ruger and moved into a light load of 7mm-08 and bumped it up 2 gr for hunting. Lost a shooter for a long time, her brother got her back into it some with subsonic 300 Blackout.
Yeah, I bought her a savage rascal. Given her size I threw a silencer on it and put it in my tripod before letting her shoot it. She was all about it. I'm having a hard time convincing her she's not ready for bigger but I want to work her into it.

Thank you for the advice!! I'm always happy to hear feom someone who's already been through this

Yeah, I bought her a savage rascal. Given her size I threw a silencer on it and put it in my tripod before letting her shoot it. She was all about it. I'm having a hard time convincing her she's not ready for bigger but I want to work her into it.

Thank you for the advice!! I'm always happy to hear feom someone who's already been through this
I built a 308win in an AR platform that shoots very soft. Several have shot it and say it recoils less than a 223rem. It's very fast on pigs for follow up shots.