New from South Dakota

• Thread starter Deleted member 108014
  • Start date
Welcome, live in S.D also lots of wind and long distances, I personally shoot a 6.5/06 if I know range is under 600 yrs, over I go to 26 nosler. Lots of friends shoot 300 win mag,7mm rem mag, any thing along those lines are good. If you live in winter S.D go to the big gun shop there and they are very knowledgeable people. They built both of my rifles.
lol there are not any big gun shops in Winner, but Garys gun shop has the Winner location and a store in Sioux Falls. Is that the store you are referring too?

Yes but I wasn't sure if I could give nome but its Gary's I live near Sioux falls so i go there good people and there gun Smith's do really good work.

Hey everyone. I'm a new member from NE South Dakota. There is a lot of great information on this forum that everyone is willing to share and give great advice so I joined.

I have lived in SD my whole life. I am an avid big game hunter of both rifle and archery, whitetail, mule deer, and elk. Mostly whitetail hunting in the NE open crop fields and sloughs of SD.

I have been hunting and shooting most of my life and reloading for 15 years. Looking into setting up a long range shooting outfit. I am looking forward to getting advice from others with more experience in this sport.
Welcome. I'm a fellow SoDak in Madison. Are you planning on a custom build or buying a finished "box" gun? Several factory guns and quasi factory guns like Gunwerks and Christianson out there that are really nice. Just wondering if it's more of a caliber question or a components question? Cost can be a factor here too for most of us. If money is no object then we should be friends. Seriously though, hope to help if I can and I'm sure you'll get a lot of good info through the people in this forum. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.