New from South Dakota

• Thread starter Deleted member 108014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108014

Hey everyone. I'm a new member from NE South Dakota. There is a lot of great information on this forum that everyone is willing to share and give great advice so I joined.

I have lived in SD my whole life. I am an avid big game hunter of both rifle and archery, whitetail, mule deer, and elk. Mostly whitetail hunting in the NE open crop fields and sloughs of SD.

I have been hunting and shooting most of my life and reloading for 15 years. Looking into setting up a long range shooting outfit. I am looking forward to getting advice from others with more experience in this sport.

Welcome, fellow Dakotan. Be prepared to take a lot with a grain of salt. There is obviously some guys that don't know what it's like to shoot out here in the big windy wide open spaces. Maybe keyboard target practice? Still can learn a lot from here. Especially from the guys out west that make hunting and guiding a living.

Welcome - where you at in NE South Dakota? I was born and raised in Aberdeen, still have a lot of relatives in the area.

I too am new and from the Great windy state of South Dakota! Ive worked up in Redfield at the ethanol plant, but live down here near Winner SD. I have not been in any competitions as of yet but I too am looking to get into the sport. Last year I built a JP AR10 in 6.5CM from the ground up, put a Vortex Gen2 5-25FFP on her, and a Giselle 2 stage trigger. I have nothing but praise for JP Enterprise!!! Also the Satterlee load test really does work! Ive got my 6.5 shooting just under 1/2 MOA all the way too 1000yds with the 120gr ELD-Ms, Consistently all the time!!! I am currently working on the 140gr ELD-M load. I am looking into building a 7-300WM in the next year or so for Long range hunting. Whats your Favorite round?

I too am new and from the Great windy state of South Dakota! Ive worked up in Redfield at the ethanol plant, but live down here near Winner SD. I have not been in any competitions as of yet but I too am looking to get into the sport. Last year I built a JP AR10 in 6.5CM from the ground up, put a Vortex Gen2 5-25FFP on her, and a Giselle 2 stage trigger. I have nothing but praise for JP Enterprise!!! Also the Satterlee load test really does work! Ive got my 6.5 shooting just under 1/2 MOA all the way too 1000yds with the 120gr ELD-Ms, Consistently all the time!!! I am currently working on the 140gr ELD-M load. I am looking into building a 7-300WM in the next year or so for Long range hunting. Whats your Favorite round?
Wow! Winner to Redfield is quite a commute. I don't know if I really have a favorite. My sendero 300 RUM and Christensen arms 28 nosler are my hunting rigs I like them both. The 28 is relatively new and I have only 15 rounds through it. I can't decide which optic i want to put on it. Was thinking a swarovski x5 or an nxs. I took an old nikon off one of my prairie dog rigs just to shoot the thing but it deserves a better scope than that. I don't really have anything i would shoot in a competition because of the horsepower they have. I have a savage that i want to get rebarreled in 6xc for practicing and coyote killing and maybe a competition farther down the road.

Welcome, live in S.D also lots of wind and long distances, I personally shoot a 6.5/06 if I know range is under 600 yrs, over I go to 26 nosler. Lots of friends shoot 300 win mag,7mm rem mag, any thing along those lines are good. If you live in winter S.D go to the big gun shop there and they are very knowledgeable people. They built both of my rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.