New concealed carry gun

Mrvmax

I picked up a Sig 365 AXG Legion for my new carry gun. It is a bit pricey, but it is barely larger than my current carry gun (G43) and holds 17 rounds. I also added the Sig red dot to it. I kept seeing it on the Shawn Ryan podcast (he/Sig gives them out to Spec Ops guys that come on the show) and I ended up buying it mainly due to size and carry capacity. I have not bought a new Sig in a long time and after my first range trip yesterday I am ready to carry it.

With all the current events in our world, I like to know that I have enough ammo on hand to get me away from anything I run across. My carry gun is the first line of defense, my truck gun is plan B.

A buddy bought a 365 and had me mount a holosun on it for him. Not a bad gun at all . I'm a first gen xd9 sub compact guy . It's my everyday carry. My big hands have trouble with the newer carry options as the grip has gotten to narrow for me to feel comfortable. Us guys with big hands need a fat grip .
Trust me, I have some big mitts, but the grip on this 365 is great. It even has textured mag base plates. I have carried a full size Para 14-45 before (double stack 1911 in 45 ACP), HK 45 compact tactical, STI Trojan among others. The older I get, the less I want to carry a large gun. The 365 AXG is very small yet holds 17 rounds, it is an impressive design.

I picked up a Sig 365 AXG Legion for my new carry gun. It is a bit pricey, but it is barely larger than my current carry gun (G43) and holds 17 rounds. I also added the Sig red dot to it. I kept seeing it on the Shawn Ryan podcast (he/Sig gives them out to Spec Ops guys that come on the show) and I ended up buying it mainly due to size and carry capacity. I have not bought a new Sig in a long time and after my first range trip yesterday I am ready to carry it.

With all the current events in our world, I like to know that I have enough ammo on hand to get me away from anything I run across. My carry gun is the first line of defense, my truck gun is plan B.
WOW that's great. I may look into getting one. I carry a G-42 and a modified PF-9 due to concealment Also have a P226 then a backup truck gun PLR-16 SBR.

The two bad things about this pistol is that the mags are hard to load the last three rounds and racking the slide with a 17 round mag is near impossible. I suppose some break in will be needed to compress the mag springs some. Not sure why it is so hard to rack the side with 17 rounds in the mag, I had to remove one round to get the pistol charged, then added the 17 th round to the mag.

3 of 7 Project on Youtube (former SEAL) had the same problem with the larger 365 he recently reviewed. It appears that the slide drags across the top round when trying to charge a full mag. I guess there is some detriment to such a small gun having 17 round mags. When I was at the range I only loaded the mags to 15 rounds so I never realized this. I just got done cleaning it and loaded the mags full and realized how hard it is to charge the pistol.

My EDC CC depends on the planned activities and attire.
Smaller carry day? Shadow Systems CR920 w. Holosun 507K.
Normal carry? G19 w. Holosun 507C.
Dress up carry? Kimber Tactical Ultra
Nightstand gun(s)? All of the above plus, G19X w. Holosun 507C & Streamlight TRL-8G, Kimber Desert Warrior w. Streamlight TRL-7, Ruger Mk4, and a S&W 4506.

I have several P365 variants and ALL of the magazines (I have about 25 with 10, 12 & 15 round capacities) are difficult to load and especially hard to top off.

The main reason for this is that the magazine design intent (double-stack body to single-stack feed) was to provide as much capacity as possible and the spring had to be quite stout.

The good news is that with some use, they will get slightly easier to load. I use a Mag UPLuLa for mine and it's really made loading easier and faster.

I carry mine without doing the "+1" function of having a full mag +1 in the chamber, but those who like to carry at full capacity usually "Barney Load" a spare magazine with one round. The Barney mag is used to chamber a round then removed, then a fully loaded magazine is inserted. The big thing here, due to the heavy spring tension, is to FIRMLY seat the new mag and make sure it's locked in.

Rather that trying to rack the slide on a full magazine when starting with an empty gun, which is kind of an unusual way to load a gun anyway, it is better to lock the slide back, insert the mag, then release the slide. Most of the time a reload is needed, either the slide is already locked back (starting with empty gun or the gun was run dry) or an administrative reload is applied (a round is already chambered and a full mag is inserted). Again, the big thing here is to FIRMLY seat the new mag and make sure it's locked in.

Last edited: