New Armasight 'Predator' Thermal

Double Naught Spy

Recently I got invited to be pro staff for a new vendor, Third Coast Thermal out of Katy, Texas. My new job is to evaluate gear. This is one of the first units I have been sent for evaluation. It is the Armasight Predator, a new, entry level thermal scope. Entry level is by today's standards, but a scope with these specs would have been 2-3 times the cost and considered higher end for the civilian market 3-4 years ago. It is a 1.6x magnification, 335x256 resolution, 25 mm lens, 30 hz scope. They run just under $3K.

IIRC from a couple of threads over in the hog section, people have lamented at the high prices for thermal. Now prices are coming down as more manufacturers are in the market and producing more units. Not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a top end scope and now they have a new option.

I was hoping to start off with a first kill, but no hogs so far. Instead, you will see various critters at stated distances. From what it looks like so far, it should certainly handle hogs out beyond 200 yards. I don't yet have a good grasp on what it will do for coyotes, bobcats, and raccoons, but this video shows off some of the scope's abilities.

So far, I like the scope. I have gotten sighted in for 100 yards with a Rem 788 in .308. Now it is just a matter of time before getting some applied use of the scope!

[ame]https://youtu.be/zKO4DBAPQcw[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.