Need a New Load for Carpenter Bees

Mark37082

First let me got this out of the way. I hate carpenter bees. This time of year they are out thick and really eyeing another place to drill into my house. I kind of got an idea to develop a bee load when reading a post on fire forming brass with corn meal. I know somebody has tried something off the wall to shoot carpenter bees and I want hear about it. The tennis racket is good for short range combat, but I'm talking about LRH for bees (20+ feet)

Yeah, they make little .45 caliber holes in your roof joists and beams, and fence posts. First time I saw it, I thought someone had shot my house in Houston at the time.

So, shooting back seems justifiable to me. The only chemical that will kill them is Chlorodane, now outlawed of course. :)Good luck! Well maybe they have developed something else to treat for them by now.......been a long time since I fought in the bee wars....

First let me got this out of the way. I hate carpenter bees. This time of year they are out thick and really eyeing another place to drill into my house. I kind of got an idea to develop a bee load when reading a post on fire forming brass with corn meal. I know somebody has tried something off the wall to shoot carpenter bees and I want hear about it. The tennis racket is good for short range combat, but I'm talking about LRH for bees (20+ feet)
I use a 357 with 38 brass, 1 or 2 grain of the powder of your choice, a hole punch in cardboard for a wading, HD aluminum foil for a pod to hold medium or large glass blasting sand and a rolled up piece of vinyl for a barrel Extension. It is fun but time consuming 🤓

It is amazing how they can make a perfectly concentric bore hole. It is probably a bad idea to develop a load for them. My primer stash is getting low as it is right now. I am sure I look like a crazy man trying to swat them with a tennis racket. I did get a double in one swing yesterday though.

It is amazing how they can make a perfectly concentric bore hole. It is probably a bad idea to develop a load for them. My primer stash is getting low as it is right now. I am sure I look like a crazy man trying to swat them with a tennis racket. I did get a double in one swing yesterday though.
Yep with primers costing what they do, I try to get several lined up, got a few triples several doubles but mostly it's just fun.

Recent Posts