My New Pest Control Rifle

Browninglover1

I've owned various 17 HMR over the years but have always sold them to upgrade something else. I'm currently very happy with all my other rifles and when I recently picked up a few rimfire suppressors I decided it was time to look at getting another 17.

When I stopped in to pick up my cans, the store had a Tikka T1X on sale so it was a perfect time to own my first Tikka. I bought the 20" version, added a 30 MOA rail from Anarchy Outdoors and topped it off with a Sig Tango6 3-18x and screwed the KGM RF22 suppressor up front.

I really liked the look and feel of the rifle but some late night insomnia had me perusing the classifieds when I stumbled upon a used iota Kremlin stock for a great deal. The seller was able to get the stock shipped out the next morning and I was able to assemble and test the rifle this weekend.

68754294-8B38-487F-809F-AEDD1FF5CD96.jpeg

With $13 a box Remington ammo it's shooting 10 shot groups into 1" at 100 yards and is everything I could have hoped for in a relatively affordable rifle since I'm into the rifle sans scope and can for only $900. Many pests around my Grandpa's farm should be very concerned 😂

E8755B38-B245-4B39-9939-DF8F057D8FCC.jpeg

After a few trips to the farm I can confirm this thing is DEADLY. Throwing the rifle over a Shmedium game changer bag is plenty stable when shooting off the door of a UTV, or fence post, to make kill shots on Eurasian collar doves out to 150 yards. For further shots dropping prone with the bipod puts them in grave danger out to 200 but I haven't had opportunities past that yet.

D4DCA0D1-0670-4A85-9D11-DA72F8ADE88A.jpeg

Recent Posts