My 6.5 x 284

The bullet entered his neck, traveled through catching the bottom of his heart, and proceeded out the bottom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 180
Probably couldnt do do this again if I tried. Whitetail Doe, broadside, between a rib going in, passing through both lungs, between a rib going out, and through the opposite side front shoulder! She rolled / stumbled down the hill, she was dead on her feet.

6.5-284: 140 Berger VLD Hunting, 49gr H4350, Lapua Brass, Fed210M Primers = 3072 FPS.

Info entered in Balistic AE from a Kestrel 3500/Leica 1600

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 174
Yesterday I got out to do a little shooting. This is the first I have shot since deer season. I tried my hand at 1455 yards. I know I am pushing this round to its limits at this distance. I had a light mirage and two separate winds. One from 10 o'clock and one from 8 o'clock. I was by myself and had a hard time spotting my hits/vapor trails. I was using Ballistic for my calculations. I couldn't get on target right away. I ended up about 3.5 MOA off for elevation. When imputing barometric pressure and temperature it was calling for 40.75 MOA. However, ended up at 43.50 MOA to hit the target. If I took out the Baro and temp, it gave me the correct solution. I was shooting a few Berger Hybrids I had left over. They shoot very close to the VLDs I have loaded up. My last two hits are in the bottom left of the target. I'll try again with the VLDs and see how they work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 174