Muzzle Breaks with style

You wanted a muzzle break with style. This one is very effective and very stylish. Just not my style.
JP Enterprises
IMG_6791.png

I use area 419 on my 7 prc's and little badterds on my 6.5 creeds . Both are excellent but make sure to use quality ear protection , those are the only ones I use
Which hellfire are you guys using, regular hellfire, the match or sidewinder, I'm considering trying one of these out, attaching it to a 7prc

Which hellfire are you guys using, regular hellfire, the match or sidewinder, I'm considering trying one of these out, attaching it to a 7prc
I hate to be a broken record, but I've owned the Hellfire and its no comparison to the MBM Beast

3 port Hellfire on a 6BR had more recoil than the MBM Beast on a 6.5 Creedmoor

Edit to add: my Beast is a 5-port. But I still believe it to be a fair comparison. According to the MBM guy, anything over 3-port on a creed is no added returns.

Last edited:
I hate to be a broken record, but I've owned the Hellfire and its no comparison to the MBM Beast

3 port Hellfire on a 6BR had more recoil than the MBM Beast on a 6.5 Creedmoor

Edit to add: my Beast is a 5-port. But I still believe it to be a fair comparison. According to the MBM guy, anything over 3-port on a creed is no added returns.
I have no experience with a 419 brake but I have handled them and they seem very bulky and HEAVY. You say the MBM performs better than them, if thats the case I can suppress my desires to try one 😁

I ordered this one from Mountain Tactical, to me it's kind out a hybrid Vais brake (Vais is no longer in business), ports at the front and three sides, there are no ports on the bottom so you should be able to shoot prone without it kicking up a lot of dirt once it's timed properly. It looks good on YouTube for controlling muzzle rise and recoil. I have not tried it yet. I did send it out to be cerakoted with the sniper grey color as I thought the flats were too shiny and reflective for hunting. Also, my rifle wasn't threaded so I sent the barreled action out to be done and I haven't had a chance to put it all back together because of my work schedule.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.png
    IMG_1022.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 30
If the goal is to match the barrel's OD, then self-timing muzzle brakes are not what you are looking for. Some of what has been recommended are very good muzzle brakes, and some have a non-self-timing version that a reputable/competent gunsmith can match (or taper, if that is acceptable), but the key information needed is the muzzle diameter.

I have a Ruger No.1 in .243 win, but it's in a Mannlicher style, so this baby does not have a muzzle brake.

View attachment 589326
Wowza, that's a looker of a #1!! Nice to see Ruger use a decent slab of walnut for a change.

strike without warning makes the best brake. It's also heavy. MBM and SRS is my choice for light weight recoil reduction.

419 Hellfire or SRS line up. I went with a SRS TiPro 2 port for my Seekins Element 6.5 PRC. Wanting to use it as my sheep rifle in the NWT in 2026, so suppressor is off the table. Great recoil reduction and looks good too. This one has a tapered nut to .750" which doesn't look terrible on the smaller Seekins profile.

IMG_4883.jpeg
IMG_4885.jpeg

419 Hellfire or SRS line up. I went with a SRS TiPro 2 port for my Seekins Element 6.5 PRC. Wanting to use it as my sheep rifle in the NWT in 2026, so suppressor is off the table. Great recoil reduction and looks good too. This one has a tapered nut to .750" which doesn't look terrible on the smaller Seekins profile.

View attachment 590058View attachment 590059
It's very similar in port design to the Chub. I like both of those a lot for not adding to much length.