Muzzle brake accedent!

Shoot one without hearing protection and you will have to ask what did you say? They are loud!! If you jump an animal and don't have your ears on it is a pain. Shooting next to someone with a break is a pain. (See above with lunch scattered all over) Some guides will not let you use one and that can be a pain. The downside is how loud they are to the shooter and those around the shooter.

Know 2 who've had to get new windshields, after using the hood of the pickup as a shooting bench.

My buddy fired his STW while lying on the tailgate of his Tacoma. The entire tail light assembly was blown out; not just the red lens.

I have a friend who's buddy stripped the paint off his hood while shooting across it once.

A friend of mine did not want to pay the price for a muzzle brake so he decided to make one instead for his 50 caliber. Needless to say the first shot almost broke his shoulder and he decided the muzzle brake was worth the money.

I had a cocky guy at the bench next to me, one of those know it alls, the range officer got on him a few times about certain requirements. He was ****y, and started just emptying mags of AK and AR, really rapid firing. He had a open bottle of Mountain Dew on his bench amongst his phone and ammo etc.
I can't quite remember, but he did something that ****ed me off.
I think it may have been the mag dumps for no other reason than he got called out by the RO in front of about 30 people.
Anyway, I got my Lapua set up, and fired 300 OTM @2850 fps. And it blew that bottle of Mountain Dew over and got his phone and spilled over onto his range bag on the ground next to him.
I did not plan that, but I had a hard time containing my laughter, several people saw it and all had a smirk when I looked over at them.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.