Musicians that as a youth you under appreciated

This is a rant on another subject that fries my ***. I was listening to the radio while driving down the road today and Dire Straights came on. the song was money for nothing. Great song, so I'm singing along with the song and when they go to the verse that starts out with "see the little faggot with the earrings and the make up?" that verse had been totally left out of the radio version of the song.

I guess it probably isn't politically correct,but come on now, if you don't like it turn it off. That's my music that they are taking away from me. The song kind of loses half it's meaning without that verse in there. sorry to rant.

I had forgot about Grand Funk.

I dropped several streaming services because you couldn't find the big boy version of some songs, Apple apparently doesn't care as long as you pay them every month.

I just hate that certain streaming services have songs that they refuse to let you buy outright and want you to pay $11-$12 a month to hear a handful of songs.

I pay $60yr for Sirius/XM just so I have it in remote locations, but I am thinking about getting rid of it and getting the biggest IPad Air storage wise and downloading the close to 250k songs in my playlist so I won't need it.

I had forgot about Grand Funk.

I dropped several streaming services because you couldn't find the big boy version of some songs, Apple apparently doesn't care as long as you pay them every month.

I just hate that certain streaming services have songs that they refuse to let you buy outright and want you to pay $11-$12 a month to hear a handful of songs.

I pay $60yr for Sirius/XM just so I have it in remote locations, but I am thinking about getting rid of it and getting the biggest IPad Air storage wise and downloading the close to 250k songs in my playlist so I won't need it.
Sounds like a good idea switching. But I hate learning new technology when I have yet to figure out the old. lol

Woke up this morning early, started streaming a few of the artists mentioned in this thread. Excellent recommendations.

Say what you want about Apple, I hated the platform before I switched because of all the "fans", but dammit they make it easy for old guys. $20 a month, I have more storage than I can use, more music than I can possibly ever stream thru, more TV than I care about and I can drop my phone, use my watch, pick up a tablet or laptop and pick up where I left off.

That lead me down the YouTube spiral that is "similar artists" on Apple Music. Started with Grand Funk Railroad, Foghat, Gov't Mule, Bob Seger, Three Dog Night, The Guess Who, Steve Miller, The Doobie Brothers, Peter Frampton, Bread, America, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Albert Cummins, Joe Bonamassa, Johnny Lang, The Black Crowes, Audioslave, SoundGarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, and I am still in the rabbit hole.

A guy could get lost in forgotten classic rock, blues, grunge or southern rock and really never run out of good tracks to listen to.

DAC makes it sound like he, Willie, and Waylon were good buddies but he is the only one that mentions itā€¦I don't think I've heard them talk about him hardly at all. It comes across as an attempt to hitch his wagon to their reputation, which I have always found odd.
Very perceptive and factual!
It's been mentioned but, another that I didn't truly appreciate until later was Kris K! What a songwriter! Kind of like Dylan on the vocals but, that struggle makes him equally special. "once more with feeling". Ha!

Last edited:

Recent Posts