MOVIES-Civil War

I heard the worst part is that the heroes of the movie are the "journalists"..... 🤣
There is no heroes, the movie sucks. Trust me. Worst acting, no plot, no explanation of how the War started or who is at war. Just some idiot reporters trying to take pictures with "Film" and digital cameras. The only part of the movie that was interesting was the Trailer Clip with Jesse Plemons and only lasted two minutes.
Alex Garland should be banned from the movie business.

It definitely wasn’t what the trailer portrayed.

That said, there are no good guys or bad guys.
The cause of the war is left open ended. Only that the federal government tried to overreach. No particular political affiliation. I think that was intentional. The movie wasn’t really about left or right politics. Just what war would kind of look like in the US.

The perspective is through the eyes of a seasoned borderline shell shocked war journalist. It’s a drama, with 1/4 of it being actionish scenes.

So, I would go in with that expectation.

Kinda funny the concept of a war movie trying to theorize what a war would look like...

Who saw hobby drones and artillery being combined with trenches in the current conflict? What about the debacle that was the first 20 years of this century...

Initial polish invasion in 39 had more horses than machine transport troops, by 45 its high altitude bombers and nukes.

Last 100 years are any indicator, actual depiction of a civil war probably couldn't be depicted on a TV screen. Cut the gubmint doll and a few supply lines and it gets darker than the mind wants to think.

Kinda funny the concept of a war movie trying to theorize what a war would look like...

Who saw hobby drones and artillery being combined with trenches in the current conflict? What about the debacle that was the first 20 years of this century...

Initial polish invasion in 39 had more horses than machine transport troops, by 45 its high altitude bombers and nukes.

Last 100 years are any indicator, actual depiction of a civil war probably couldn't be depicted on a TV screen. Cut the gubmint doll and a few supply lines and it gets darker than the mind wants to think.
Very true.
Not only the hardships on people but the chaos and violence will absolutely shock people.
Those of us who have been in countries during those times understand well what can take place.