Most effective muzzle brake

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
The most effect muzzle break I know of is having a game animal in the cross hairs as I squeeze the trigger. Never have felt or noticed any recoil in such a situation. LOL

I'm about to purchase a Ti Beast brake for a 30cal magnum, and maybe for my 338 Lapua Rogue also. I watched Nathan's videos, read his website, read owner reviews. Hard to go wrong. He's fully invested in brake design, testing, manufacturing and sales. I also like the option Nathan offers for opening his brakes up to my specific caliber requirement, for a modest fee. He's got the proper machine tools and knowledge. One less worry about getting it done properly. Some gunsmith's are fully capable of cutting corners. I know 1st hand.

I currently use Muscle brakes on both rifles. If I wasn't going Ti for less muzzle weight, I'd probably leave good enough alone. The Muscle brakes are very functional with minimal slap in the face concussion.

But since I'm swapping over to Ti brakes, it'll be Ti Beast brakes for me.

Looking forward to comparing the Ti Beasts to my Muscle brakes.

No, I'm very sensitive to concussion and the Beast don't effect me but I do know it's there, a brake like the PK makes me feel like someone shoved a air nozzle up my nose and pulled the trigger, it's actually painful in my sinuses to shoot, the Beast is as effective aggressive as I can shoot without it bothering me. I really like how the Beast just gives you enough down on the barrel to really hold the rifle without up ports.

WTH you been? Good to see your Posts... ;)

I'm about to purchase a Ti Beast brake for a 30cal magnum, and maybe for my 338 Lapua Rogue also. I watched Nathan's videos, read his website, read owner reviews. Hard to go wrong. He's fully invested in brake design, testing, manufacturing and sales. I also like the option Nathan offers for opening his brakes up to my specific caliber requirement, for a modest fee. He's got the proper machine tools and knowledge. One less worry about getting it done properly. Some gunsmith's are fully capable of cutting corners. I know 1st hand.

I currently use Muscle brakes on both rifles. If I wasn't going Ti for less muzzle weight, I'd probably leave good enough alone. The Muscle brakes are very functional with minimal slap in the face concussion.

But since I'm swapping over to Ti brakes, it'll be Ti Beast brakes for me.

Looking forward to comparing the Ti Beasts to my Muscle brakes.
actually he opens them up to your caliber for free, he turns them down, tapers them or cera-kote's them for $12.50 per option--extremely affordable brakes --I have one on order right now from him, just waiting for him to ship--any one know how long it normally take to get them once ordered?

Nice. I'll also have mine turned / tapered down to muzzle diameter also. No one is better capable of doing this properly for those fees, unless they owe you a big favor.

How long it takes to ship is primarily dependent on which one you want and whether that specific model brake is currently in stock.

Nathan is fast and the shipping is normally first class usps which gets to you pretty quick. I have gotten my orders completed in less then a week having him send them up to SW Alaska.

actually he opens them up to your caliber for free, he turns them down, tapers them or cera-kote's them for $12.50 per option--extremely affordable brakes --I have one on order right now from him, just waiting for him to ship--any one know how long it normally take to get them once ordered?
I've bought two different times from Nathan . both times I received them quickly .

Ice been able to shoot quite a few different brakes and none have come close to working as well as the Pain Killer. To me it is all about recoil reduction and rifle control. Any brake that is not as good at these to things is a lesser product in my opinion. The only way I will have a diff brake than the PK is on someone else's dime. I will not waste my money or a customers on anything else. If a customer wants something diff that is fine. I think there are very few brakes that are good at what a brake is for and the rest are marginal on comparison. If you have not experienced a really good brake the others are sure to seem good.

Sorry I've been off shooting stuff. Shot this calf at 1081yds and my dad and buddy shot 2 at 250yds. My buddy and I both shoot 300wm's with 215's and my dad dumped the biggest cow with a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 147 ELD-M. My freezer is full with elk and moose already so I wanted some veal :D. Calf elk the other pink meat. :)
My 1081yd cow.jpg
CQ 2019 cow.jpg
dads 2019 cow.jpg

Sorry I've been off shooting stuff. Shot this calf at 1081yds and my dad and buddy shot 2 at 250yds. My buddy and I both shoot 300wm's with 215's and my dad dumped the biggest cow with a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 147 ELD-M. My freezer is full with elk and moose already so I wanted some veal :D. Calf elk the other pink meat. :)View attachment 117384 View attachment 117385 View attachment 117386
Good shooting!
You're Nathan from MBM right?
If so I'm looking forward to trying your ti beast!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts