Mississippi Shooters

MSLRHUNTER: DoubleGobble and I are located in central MS around the reservoir area. Anytime that we are gonna shoot, you are more than welcome to come and sling some lead. We shoot on my families land. But we also head south anytime we get a chance.

Thanks guys, I will take you up on that the next time I head down that way. I am getting a new gun ready to start shooting as soon as the weather cooperates. It is a Rem700 5R milspec in 300winmag with a leupold mark4 6.5-20. I am about to start load development on a short 200 yard range I have access to. Good to hear from other mississippians out here.

Man yall let me know when yall are gonna mmet up and shoot I might have something around here ready to shoot. Or if yall want let me know when yall want to come shoot here.

eddybo... I still want to come check ya out sometime on the way in from work! I'm working 14 and 14 now so I'll have a little more time to get stuff done while I am home! I think I still have your number in my phone so I'll holla at ya sometime!

I guess we will start on league points for F-class this month in Bogue Chitto. The next shoot should be Feb. 27. Hope to see all there. I need to get my 6X47L out and get some practice in before, so I don't embarrass myself.

well uhh... what about an ole country boy like me that can't shoot nor has a rifle to shoot?!? can I come watch?

I dun think the ole bar 30-06 will shoot well enough to shoot with you guys!

fwiw I did send kirby allen an email last night about a rifle build.

Joshua99,

If you come and watch you will get the fever and there is no medicine that will relieve it.

Talk to Eddybo, he might now someone that has a rifle built that they would sale.

I'll keep that in mind!

I've had the fever for quiet some time now! I'm just trying to make sure I know exactly what I want before I dive in and end up with one small regret on one item. Which isnt a big deal, But I'm wanting to buy one long range rifle.

I plan to be at the Bogue Chitto F-class match. I thought it was on Feb 20th? Isn't it the second to last saturday in the month?

Josh - I got a savage 6.5x47 that I shot F-class with once last year and got 3rd. I am thinking about selling it. It would be a great competition gun. I have since upgraded and need some fund for another build. If you are interest shoot me an email at [email protected]

Hope to see some of yall at Bogue Chitto. It should be alot of fun. Btw, Josh... they have a hunt class so you can shoot your hunting gun. I think it is two relays of 10 shots. Eddybo might know more about it. That would at least let you shoot to 600 yards.

DoubleG

double I'll keep you in mine man. I think I'm gunna go with a larger caliber though. I want a dual purpose, range rifle that I can take out and shoot some deer and elk with also. Of coarse it won't be the average hunting rifle. More of a take it out a couple times a year and hunt a pipeline or big cut over(which are my favorite places to hunt, 100 acre+ anyway)

I havent had time to work enough rounds through the 06 for 600 yarders yet... heck I probably havent pushed 10 rounds through it... the first 4 were just making sure the rifle shot good when my dad first bought it for me. lol

I do need to work up some loads for the rifle... I would get on that this week but its MUD NATIONAL PREP WEEK!!!!! getting ready for mud nationals comming up in march, gotta get my 2 race bikes ready and then get the camper ready and then the rzr... gunna be a lot of stuff to get done in a short amount of time!

Hey DoubleG,

The next shoot might very well be on the 20th??? I didn't make it to the practice shoot back in Jan., so I don't know for sure when it is. For some reason I thought it would be on the 4th Saturday. I'm sure Bill will be sending out an email soon to let us know.

Jim

Well I just checked my email and Bill had sent a flier for the next shoot. It is on Feb 27th sign-up starts @ 8:30. If anyone wants to attend send me a PM with your email address and I will try to forward the info to you.

Last edited:
for some reason I was thinking it was on the 20th... and the weather was bad... I hate I missed it... even as a spectator it would have been fun!

maybe I can catch one in the future!

probably gunna be quiet a while before I have a rifle to shoot but its in the works!

Hey does anyone know of any upcoming competitions in June or July around Mississippi. Also does anyone know of any good places to go to be able to shoot Long Range around Central Mississippi.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.