Millet scope any good?

Frank7mm

I haven't heard much about them. I found a good deal on a 4-16-56 and wondered how they track, repeatablity,and if the glass ok? I know it's not a NXS but it's not $1700 either.

I have been reading up on the millet lrs 1 on the sniper/LE sites and the reviews have all been good,and as you said they are affordable.

I haven't heard much about them. I found a good deal on a 4-16-56 and wondered how they track, repeatablity,and if the glass ok? I know it's not a NXS but it's not $1700 either.

I played with one of these at SHOT, it is what it is. The glass is not good at all. Turned up, trees at about 800 yards looked like an oil painting, no resolution or sharpness.

But it doesn't cost alot either.

I played with one of these at SHOT, it is what it is. The glass is not good at all. Turned up, trees at about 800 yards looked like an oil painting, no resolution or sharpness.

But it doesn't cost alot either.
You must of looked at one somebody wiped their fingers on after eating KFC!
I've got 2 of the TRS-1 Milletts and they are a hell of a scope for the money. They track out past 1000 yards well and remain true back to 100 yards. I'll be buying my third next month.
They aren't no Nightforce, but they're a fair amount cheaper.:D
My buddy has 2 TRS-1's and they all work awesome.

You must of looked at one somebody wiped their fingers on after eating KFC!
I've got 2 of the TRS-1 Milletts and they are a hell of a scope for the money. They track out past 1000 yards well and remain true back to 100 yards. I'll be buying my third next month.
They aren't no Nightforce, but they're a fair amount cheaper.:D
My buddy has 2 TRS-1's and they all work awesome.

I got to agree with Gamedog. I have looked through these before on friends rifles and for the $$ they are a great value. I own a nightforce too but I can't have Nightforce on em all. I will own a Millet soon as well.

Jeff

Just to clarify, I was referring to the LRS-1, not TRS-1. Haven't looked through the TRS-1.

I'm glad they are working out for you. The secret to their low price is "Made in China". But that doesn't make them bad.

scott

I'm not knocking a nightforce, but I can buy a rifle ,barrel, stock, and reamer for less than a scope. I can't buy a scope that could possibly get me 2 rifles(I build my own rifles). A leupy is pricey enough. Can a scope that costs twice as much be twice as clear, twice as bright? I've never looked through one. Like I said I'm not knocking them if money were no issue every gun I own would have one on it. I've never looked through one. The best I have are 6.5x20's and 4.5x14's Leupy's and they work great in my opinion. gun)

After looking through a Nightforce, I didn't think the glass was anything special, didn't look as "super clear" as I expected. But maybe I didn't have it focused 100% for my eyes. The FOV seemed much smaller than my Burris Signature Select. Of course, it tracked dead on though which means more than absolute glass quality if you're going to be shooting a long ways, to me.

I think the Nikon Monarchs have great glass. I use the non-tactical models. I don't really like their selctions in tactical models. For a tactical the IOR is hard to beat for the $$$ and I think the glass is better than the nightforce. I think the Scmidt & Bender police model in is the cats *** but for $2500.....Oh Man!

Last edited:
I just ordered a LRS 1 after talking to a couple guys who have bought them,shot them and swear by them.Ill do a write up here after I get it burned in.

They reported the glass as good or better than the burris tactical i was looking at,I had to have the locking turrets for this rifle and there arnt many options out there with an average joe budget.

I'm considering one of these for my 6mm Ackley, I hope it works well for you NONYA! All the elevation it has can get me to 2000 yards easy!

I am the buddy Gamedog and Broz are referring to,,,,, I have 2 Millets 4-16x50 on 2 custom 6mmbr and for the price these scope are Awesome. I have shot steel out to 1250yards with both of these guns and the Millet tracks flawlessly. For a good cheap scope I highly recommend them. They worked great on the PD hunt us 3 just went on, allot of confirmed kills out to 650yards with these scopes!

PS I have 3 NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50s and a 4th on its way so me saying these are good scopes means something. AR 10, 338Edge, 300win, 6mmbr all wear a NXS! LOL only if the wife knew!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.