Mental exercise

Ksduckhntr

I, like many, have come to the decision I don't utilize all my rifles and would like to thin my heard. Im keeping 4 rifles in 4 various cartridges to cover hunting and recreational duties. What 4 rifle cartridges would you keep given these build options:

1 long action standard bolt face
2 short action mag bolt face
1 short action .223 face
1 short action standard bolt face

Things to consider:
22,223,6.5,308 suppressors owned

Have a quality 22 rim fire and ar I won't be parting with

Prefer some/custom ammo options

Live in the Midwest with mainly whitetail deer hunting but do travel out of state for hunting trips.

I, like many, have come to the decision I don't utilize all my rifles and would like to thin my heard. Im keeping 4 rifles in 4 various cartridges to cover hunting and recreational duties. What 4 rifle cartridges would you keep given these build options:

1 long action standard bolt face
2 short action mag bolt face
1 short action .223 face
1 short action standard bolt face

Things to consider:
22,223,6.5,308 suppressors owned

Have a quality 22 rim fire and ar I won't be parting with

Prefer some/custom ammo options

Live in the Midwest with mainly whitetail deer hunting but do travel out of state for hunting trips.
Thinning the heard, what blasphemy, Never !

Ok I'll make my first stab at it

.223 heavy/tactical plinker
308 long action target/magnum hunter style
6.5 prc hunting lightweight
300 wsm magnum hunter

Long action story boldface 280 AI
short action story boldface. 358 Win
Short action .223 boldface .223
Short action mag boldface 300 WSM

I shoot about 5550x more rounds a year at steel and paper than I shoot hunting. (Maybe 50x rounds a year shot at game not including birds with a shotgun).

So I would keep a couple lighter recoiling target type rifles that can easily double as hunting rifles. Like 6CM, 25CM, .260AI. Something you can shoot quite a bit, but still enough for pronghorn/deer/coyotes.

For the other two, something in a medium/large 7mm and a larger .308 cal for LR deer and elk. 7SAUM, .280AI, 7RM, 28 Nos, then a 300PRC, 300WM, etc.

That being said, no way would I get down to only 4 rifles.