• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

McWhorter Full Custom Rifle with ammo

Oh to be rich and thin.

Why is this still here?
I'd settle for either rich or thin....I'm not greedy.
Timing is everything with these top end custom rifles. That's an extremely good deal on that rifle. I'd buy it, but I've made enough of Allan's (the owner of McWhorter) boat payments for one lifetime. I have to say that their work has always been impressive and deserving of the cost.

Rifle shoots like all McWhorter rifles.
Rifle was sighted in and scoped by McWhorter. I shot 20 rounds of the ammo they sent. 3 rounds to confirm. If I remember it shot in the high 0.2s at 100 yards. Shot 3 at a steel plate to confirm 500 yard drop. Then hunted. Shot a few coyotes, rock chucks and a bear, and elk.
Super nice Rifle. I'm rumming suppressor length barrel now.

How did it Group for McWhorter when they did load development? I have a couple that are in the .2's from Kyle. Any group pics?
Come on BenelliHunter, you know you need to add to your McWhorter collection, you probably have the record (for the most) but can increase your margin....lol
I look at all of their rifles that are built and ready to ship, at least once a month. I've done this since I bought my first one over 10 yrs ago. At any given time they may have just a few or as many as 15 or so, in a bunch of different calibers. They give the specs on the build itself and the load they developed. In all those years, looking at probably several hundred rifles, I've never seen one of their Borden action builds that didn't shoot in the .3s.....and probably a third shot in the .2s. And I can count on one hand the Stiller and Rem700 trued builds that shot in the .4s. If it doesn't shoot sub .5, they don't sell it.
Someone like me who doesn't get to shoot weekly, and sometimes even monthly, you just don't put that many rounds through the barrel. Buying a rifle of this quality with less than 100 rounds through it, is essentially buying a new one that will last a lifetime....and then some.
Just like alpha glass, rifles like McWhorter, RBros, Lane, and others, unless it's functionally damaged or cosmetically destroyed, it's as good as new.
If I wasn't in the middle of buying another build right now, I'd jump at the chance to pick up a barely broken-in McWhorter for 30-35% off.

Come on BenelliHunter, you know you need to add to your McWhorter collection, you probably have the record (for the most) but can increase your margin....lol
I look at all of their rifles that are built and ready to ship, at least once a month. I've done this since I bought my first one over 10 yrs ago. At any given time they may have just a few or as many as 15 or so, in a bunch of different calibers. They give the specs on the build itself and the load they developed. In all those years, looking at probably several hundred rifles, I've never seen one of their Borden action builds that didn't shoot in the .3s.....and probably a third shot in the .2s. And I can count on one hand the Stiller and Rem700 trued builds that shot in the .4s. If it doesn't shoot sub .5, they don't sell it.
Someone like me who doesn't get to shoot weekly, and sometimes even monthly, you just don't put that many rounds through the barrel. Buying a rifle of this quality with less than 100 rounds through it, is essentially buying a new one that will last a lifetime....and then some.
Just like alpha glass, rifles like McWhorter, RBros, Lane, and others, unless it's functionally damaged or cosmetically destroyed, it's as good as new.
If I wasn't in the middle of buying another build right now, I'd jump at the chance to pick up a barely broken-in McWhorter for 30-35% off.
I still haven't shot the one I bought off of you!!! I have probably 4-5 McWhorters in the safe that I have not shot yet! My favorite by far is still the XML. It's at their shop getting a X5 25x right now.

I still haven't shot the one I bought off of you!!! I have probably 4-5 McWhorters in the safe that I have not shot yet! My favorite by far is still the XML. It's at their shop getting a X5 25x right now.
I feel ya....I haven't been able to shoot the 6.5prc they shipped me 2 months ago. I just put new glass on my .45xml too. The Leica blew me away....built like a NF with Z8i clarity and a better eye box, for my old eyes anyway.
I'd bet the ranch this McWhorter for sale will shoot just like all of them.....lights out.

The the top.
This is the lowest I'm going on this setup.
$4300 plus shipping

Brian