• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

McWhorter Full Custom Rifle with ammo

Brianc74

I have for sale a very lightly used McWhorter 270 Weatherby custom rifle for sale. The rifle will come as pictured with one box of ammo developed for the rifle by Allan at McWhorter and 2 boxes of Factory Weatherby ammo as a backup if needed. Rifle now has 50 rounds down the pipe plus what was shot during load development by Allan. The rifle base price was $5850. Rifle was upgraded with a McMillan with Edge fill and a Limbsaver recoil pad, 3 position safety like a Winchester model 70, and a muzzlebreak. Also has the rings that are specific for the Borden action. The upgrades cost an extra $600. For a total cost of $6450 plus the 2 boxes of Weatherby ammo. $95 each. Selling for $4400 plus shipping.
image.jpg
image.jpg

McWhorter Rifle are considered to be one of the top rifle builders in the nation by many. Heck. They have a TV show on the Pursuit Channel. Weight is 6lbs 14oz as seen in the pictures.

Brian

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if that rifle is anything short of the definition of a perfect build.
I've owned a half dozen or so of their builds, and if it wasn't for extreme circumstances I'd still have em all. Today I have 3 and haven't encountered anything that I'd trade any of the 3 for in an even swap.

The barrel length is25" and with the muzzlebreak 26 1/4".
I believe the twist is 1-10. I believe a Hart barrel was used.

Appreciate the kudos Bullmark and Shannon.
McWhorter rifles are build to perfection.

Brian

Last edited:
$4300 plus shipping for the rifle as seen in the pics, 1 box of custom ammo made by McWhorter for this rifle, and 2 boxes of Factory Weatherby ammo if headed to Out of country if Factory ammo is required, or as backup ammo.

This saves you over $2000 with shipping to new owner.

Brian

Recent Posts