Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

Just took out this "fatty" with my Ford at 35 mph…….does it count?🤣
View attachment 602462
I think it goes without saying: "By any means necessary." We must always remember that it's us or them. @Deputy819 should be applauded for his resourcefulness and should serve as an example to us all. BRAVO!!!

Just took out this "fatty" with my Ford at 35 mph…….does it count?🤣
View attachment 602462
I got one recently like that with my 4,000 pound Toyota Tundra bullet.

Many years ago when we had many groundhogs and feral cats here in SE Iowa, my brother had a big old Packard car. We were going hunting with our Argentine 7.65 Mausers.

We spotted a groundhog eating on the shoulder of the road.
I was driving and we turned around several times seeing the varmint and trying to figure how to take a shot and still make a safe shot.

I finally drove past and continued for another mile and turned the big old underpowered craft and headed back to the varmint.

The old car was so slow to gain speed I needed the whole mile to get it up to 70 MPH.

Last edited:
I ran over that groundhog with the old Packard. The roadside was by an elderly farm couple that paid us to kill all the groundhogs on their place because the farmer broke an axle of his hayrack in a ground hole in the hayfield. He paid us 25 cents for each one. Iowa bounty paid the same so we doubled our money. Norma 7.65 costed twenty five cents per round, a huge amount then. The last groundhog lived under his car garage and raided his wife's garden. When I shot that one, he laughed and paid me a whole dollar. The year was probably 1958. The year I ran over the groundhog was probably1960.
When my brother and I shot the groundhogs for the couple, we were too young to drive so we walked there. The place was 3 1/2 miles from home. It took quite a few trips until we had all the groundhogs shot.

Last edited: