Mass Shootings - Why?

For one, the riots started when Trump was in office and secondly, it was a local matter. It was up to the people in those cities to decide how to handle the riots. I don't necessarily support their decisions but I understand why they made them. Its not good politics to kill off your citizens. Also, the lawsuits would have bankrupted the cities. Of course, that's one of those bean counter questions. Which would be cheaper for the city, letting them burn businesses or paying off lawsuits for anyone killed by law enforcement? Maybe the lawsuits would have been cheaper but it would still not bode well for them politically. They were screwed regardless of which path they chose.

I don't really think I am on the fence about the 2nd amendment. I just don't know that it protects your right to own whatever firearm you want. There is no stipulation in the 2nd amendment that says criminals can't own guns and yet we try to prevent them from getting them. Is there something in the constitution that says if you are a convicted felon that you aren't protecting by the constitution?

The 2nd amendment says
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Its kind of confusing. Shouldn't we be forming militias? Its almost as if they are saying that militias are necessary to the security of a free state and we need to make sure they have guns to do it with otherwise why didn't they split that into 2 sentences or at least put an "and" in between? Are they saying get a gun and join a militia or are they saying get a gun because you might need to join a militia. The problem with the latter is that it isn't exactly well regulated. I would think a well regulated militia is one that is established, not one that was thrown together on the fly. Also, shouldn't we own grenades, rocket launchers, and tanks if we are going to be a part of a militia that is going to defend the free state? That question may seem ridiculous but if you are going to defend your freedom against enemies both foreign and domestic, seems like you need more than just an AR.

I have never actually suggested banning AR's. I have not even suggested making them class III. Did I say I supported changing the age limit? I don't think I did. It may have prevented the last 2 mass shootings but unless it stops them all, why bother, right. I simply pointed out that in the last 20 years, AR's are more affordable, more accessible, and more popular. I know that was a major violation but I could not help myself. Some people like to say video games and movies are responsible and ironically manufacturers of ARs pay to have their guns used in video games and movies. I said there might be some small things we can do that might prevent some of the mass shootings but again its not going to stop all of them so why bother because it has to be all or nothing, right? So keep your thoughts and prayers rubber stamps handy and buy plenty of ink pads. If you don't have one, I am sure they sell them on amazon.
Jim, Love you to death so I'm going to try and clarify some of this.
Militia. there is supposed to be no standing Army in the US. Navy, yes. They get around that by technically having everything a branch of the Navy. The Founding Fathers were afraid of this, and thought if we had an Army we would use it. This is where the Milita came from. All the citizens were supposed to be in a Militia, keep their own weapons and ammo. ready to be called up whenever the need came about. they were supposed to train together, on their time and expense whenever possible. Well Regulated means well trained. this clears up the 2nd.

As for the Riots, it is well documented that they were and are led by paid Antagonizers. Paid by some very powerful left wing groups.

Jim, Love you to death so I'm going to try and clarify some of this.
Militia. there is supposed to be no standing Army in the US. Navy, yes. They get around that by technically having everything a branch of the Navy. The Founding Fathers were afraid of this, and thought if we had an Army we would use it. This is where the Milita came from. All the citizens were supposed to be in a Militia, keep their own weapons and ammo. ready to be called up whenever the need came about. they were supposed to train together, on their time and expense whenever possible. Well Regulated means well trained. this clears up the 2nd.

As for the Riots, it is well documented that they were and are led by paid Antagonizers. Paid by some very powerful left wing groups.
I hate to tell you this but it almost sounds like you are saying the 2nd amendment is out of date and that we are all misinterpreting what it is really saying.

So here I go off into the weeds.

Instead of putting your own spin on 2A, read the Federalist Papers, they are the Preamble to the Constitution. It is clear in them, the Bill of Rights were established to protect basic civil freedoms. The second amendment is clearly discussed as the means to protect these rights. The colonist just had their freedoms and had their firearms confiscated by the standing government. They were not going to allow it to happen again. This is well written and discussed in them. This is no different today than then.

No... they don't.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

When I was a kid, and TV had just become available, it was then cartoons that were blamed for violence, same stupid argument.

No... they don't.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

When I was a kid, and TV had just become available, it was then cartoons that were blamed for violence, same stupid argument

Cartoons and today's video games are far different. Besides when I was a kid we spent most of our time outdoors playing and actually talking with other kids. Not spending days playing GTA. I don't recall Bugs Bunny getting bonus points for stealing, raping, or killing people.

And I've lived through a couple of the riots down in So Cal. None of them lasted longer than five days that I remember. We're talking about a year or longer. There is NO justification for that.

And speak about giving an inch they'll take a mile. At first the talk was adjusting the age to buy AR15's and such to 21 years old. Now the talk is an outright assault weapons ban.

I didn't realize that we were talking about all riots that have occurred in this country. There were 8 riots when Reagan was president.
No Jim, you wanted to target Trump like any lefty and you were wrong, every admin has these problems. And you go ahead and still keep at it. There is discourse in every admin and failure to see that truth and turn blind eye is pretty indicative to me.