Another reason Why I hate California

I turn 55 this December. Decided to buy myself a wonderful senior citizen gift for myself in the form of a GA Precision Crusader in 6.5 PRC. It was suppose to be completed in early December but it arrived at the gun store a week ago. I started to fill out the paperwork and the salesman says I need my social security card and a utility bill showing the same address as my driver license. Is this just a California thing because last year when I purchased a rifle, my license and my retired sheriff ID was good enough. And don't even get me started on the taxes here.
Come to Texas, we love gun owners and the Second Amendment.

Walked into my lgs, handed over my driver's license, and CPL. Filled out the fed background check form. Walked out 20min later with a new pistol, and a couple boxes of ammo for break-in. Michigan makes it pretty easy.

Also live in CA and have done a few transactions this year, even from sellers out of state.......I have no idea what the 'F' your transferee is talking about.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.