LR Muzzle Loaders

Smokeless gets you there, and if you don't mind a heavy rifle or recoil then a 300 grain bullet in a .45 caliber without a sabot is the easiest way to do it, if legal.

edge.

SNIP

Assuming a high BC bullet in a thick sabot AND an accurate load, I guess it's possible. I'd like to see something like a 208gr A-Max (.308) in a sabot at good initial velocity. If you could get that combo to shoot accurately then you'd be good to go.

Not an A-Max, but a 150grain 0.308 Accubond:

CIMG0279.jpg

and a 0.338 250gr. Accubond:

338-2.jpg

edge.

Sorry, they are made one at a time on a cnc lathe to fit my 1:14 twist barrel.

edge.

Tank I wouldn't call that simple. I don't think I could do that at fifty with my "flinch lock". I can't seem to get used to the poof in my face before the bang. I had to sight it in using a vise and don't hunt with it because I can't shoot it. In short it makes a better bat or spear for my use.:D
Me being a left hander, I wonder about using flintLock. A caplock I would think it would work. I am thinking about it too. I can make my own powder and the items to make caps. I somewhat concren about making the caps. I am to have to talk to someone that really knows.
Inline you can do a lot with them, but more and more state are saying no to inline black powder rifles. They are acheiving cased rifle velocity and range to easy 500 yds. I can't blame the states for shutting those type of rifles off in Black powder season.

Me being a left hander, I wonder about using flintLock. A caplock I would think it would work. I am thinking about it too. I can make my own powder and the items to make caps. I somewhat concren about making the caps. I am to have to talk to someone that really knows.
Inline you can do a lot with them, but more and more state are saying no to inline black powder rifles. They are acheiving cased rifle velocity and range to easy 500 yds. I can't blame the states for shutting those type of rifles off in Black powder season.
For sure it's pretty easy to pop stuff out to 500 these days with fantastic equipment. I had another friend whack a big Muley at 225 last fall with his 40 cal CVA Paramount muzzleloader. First time hunting with a smoke pole. Took the top off his heart.

Recent Posts