Looking into my first elk hunt

Does anyone have any experience with ZeroGuideFees? Talked to them on the phone today and the program seems pretty good, but I like to visit with someone that's actually done it.
Conducting adequate due diligence can be tough, particularly with real cowboys, just the nature of the beast. The ones I've known are just so matter of fact it can be hard to get information if you don't ask the right question.
Some pretty obvious ones, accommodations, food, guides experience, that sort of thing.
Emergency plans in place? We will handle if it comes up kind of answer wouldn't score well with me.
When someone, looking to book a trip with us in Alaska, asks me for references I ask them what kind they want. Good trip, bad trip, 20 year in a row, good trip good fisherman, good trip bad fisherman, bad trip good fisherman, medical emergency. Since that pretty well covers it I hand them the list.
You get the idea, you don't just want to talk to five guys who all killed 350 bulls on their first day.
Hunting is hunting, what I want to know was the guide competent, did he or she work their *** off, stay sober, and behave in an organized and professional manner.
The elk; are they resident or transient.
Success rates are, well, statistics. There are lies, **** lies and statistics. But 20 years of 90% success is worthy of note. I would certainly want to talk to the guy who didn't fill his tag.
I never tell people how many fish they're going to catch, I've never seen them fish. I'd be a little suspicious of the guaranteed opportunities phrase.
Just some ramblings, gotta get some work done.

I'm planning to do NM in 2020 and will go land owner tag if not drawn. It's not cheap but I'll be 50 that year and want to go.

BTW-It's my understanding that a landowner permit is good for the entire unit so you're not confined to just that ranch.

I'm new to hunting in general and very new to big game. Went on my second elk hunt this year and got a beautiful 6x6 bull at 352 yards with my 7mag. My understanding is that nonresident Montana combo tags are draw but virtually guaranteed, my party (me, my father in law and 2 brothers in law) all got the tag this year and last with no points. We hunted with Hubbards Yellowstone Outfitters and had a great time. Around $5k per person plus tag. Last year father in law got a nice 5x5. I have nothing to compare this to but they seem to do a great job. No way would I have gotten a bull like this on my own as a Florida guy new to hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.