Like and/or dislikes Tikka t3x?

Count me a fan. Love the triggers and smooth action. 4 of the 5 (22-250, 270, 270WSM and 30-06) are great shooters and the easiest guns I've ever found to load for without even messing with COAL. All will regularly shoot 1/2" groups. #5 has been a challenge and I need to swap scopes to rule that out (3-4" horizontal stringing notwithstanding 4 different COALs). When things warm up, I'll swap scopes and retest. Rifles are a law unto them self as experienced handloaders know. My favorite of the bunch, a 270WSM, hit pressure at starting load levels. Another, a 30-06, takes 2 grains more powder to hit expected velocities. The other two don't suffer from these issue. Granted both rifles have <100 rounds through them.

I find the stocks completely satisfactory. They fit me well and are adequately stiff. Although a world class rationalizer, I have not been able to justify spending the coin for an aftermarket stock. If I was going to buy a 300win or WSM, I would definitely want a heavier stock as recoil is lively in standard calibers.

if you haven't shot lighter weight rifles, IMO, they take additional concentration to shoot to their ability. Just my 0.02.

Last edited:
Count me a fan. Love the triggers and smooth action. 4 of the 5 (22-250, 270, 270WSM and 30-06) are great shooters and the easiest guns I've ever found to load for without even messing with COAL. All will regularly shoot 1/2" groups. #5 has been a challenge and I need to swap scopes to rule that out (3-4" horizontal stringing notwithstanding 4 different COALs). When things warm up, I'll swap scopes and retest. Rifles are a law unto them self as experienced handloaders know. My favorite of the bunch, a 270WSM, hit pressure at starting load levels. Another, a 30-06, takes 2 grains more powder to hit expected velocities. The other two don't suffer from these issue. Granted both rifles have <100 rounds through them.

I find the stocks completely satisfactory. They fit me well and are adequately stiff. Although a world class rationalizer, I have not been able to justify spending the coin for an aftermarket stock. If I was going to buy a 300win or WSM, I would definitely want a heavier stock as recoil is lively in standard calibers.

if you haven't shot lighter weight rifles, IMO, they take additional concentration to shoot to their ability. Just my 0.02.
I agree that light weights do require a little bit more, my recent build is 6 lbs and change plus scope. Not sure what caliber I would end up buying still trying to decide on that.

I don't see them mentioned much, but the roughtech models and a few others have a heavier contoured barrel with fluting that makes a nice middle ground between a varmint barrel and their lite barrels. They come threaded too. I only wish they had a faster twist rate for my 270 wsm. When I do get a new barrel I'll replicate the roughtech (D18) contour if I can. I'll change out the stock at some point but decided its good enough for now. Recoil pad upgrade is mandatory though.
I do wish the safety didn't lock down the bolt, or rather I wish there was a 3rd position that made it safe but didn't lock down the bolt.

I own 3 Tikkas and they are my favorite production rifle. I see some people swap the barrel but the Tikka barrels are hand lapped and excellent. Some people just feel the need to modify something.

In regards to the stock, I think it's a fully functional, stiff platform. Tikka offers a more vertical grip and wide fore end upgrades as well. I did the grip and fore end mods and the stock fits perfectly for my needs.

Euro Optic has some black stock, blued barrel Tikkas for $650. I own 2 of these versions and they are an excellent value.

Attachments

• 7E330B78-75C4-4DC2-8D15-5CC1ECC98890.jpeg
    7E330B78-75C4-4DC2-8D15-5CC1ECC98890.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • 90970449-A1EF-4452-BA9B-581ED5F98351.jpeg
    90970449-A1EF-4452-BA9B-581ED5F98351.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 31266E30-A806-468B-9067-03B7B392812E.jpeg
    31266E30-A806-468B-9067-03B7B392812E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
Like and use the three T3s (6.5x55, 30-06 & 338 Fed), great lightweight hunting rifles. Super smooth actions, good hunting triggers and easy to carry.
The cons. Poor customer service and long action and mag is a little short for magnums.

Like and use the three T3s (6.5x55, 30-06 & 338 Fed), great lightweight hunting rifles. Super smooth actions, good hunting triggers and easy to carry.
The cons. Poor customer service and long action and mag is a little short for magnums.
How short for magnums? With your experience what is the heaviest projectile you have gotten in?

LOVE the tikka platform, we've got all kinds of great rifles built on them.

Here's a little-known fact that we see nearly every day:

Tikka fluted action with trigger, magazine, trigger guard assembly & Screws: 34 ounces
Defiance Anti with hawkins oberndorf bdl bottom, Triggertech trigger and wyatt's magazine kit: 30.2 Ounces

Magazine length restrictions do leave a little to be desired with the big magnums - however, we have built MANY 7mm rem mags & 300 win mags that hammer at factory COAL of 3.340.

LOVE the tikka platform, we've got all kinds of great rifles built on them.

Here's a little-known fact that we see nearly every day:

Tikka fluted action with trigger, magazine, trigger guard assembly & Screws: 34 ounces
Defiance Anti with hawkins oberndorf bdl bottom, Triggertech trigger and wyatt's magazine kit: 30.2 Ounces

Magazine length restrictions do leave a little to be desired with the big magnums - however, we have built MANY 7mm rem mags & 300 win mags that hammer at factory COAL of 3.340.

Is there anyplace that sells just the Tikka action if a fellows wants to add a faster twist barrel and carbon stock?