Lightweight Monster from APS

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Just tested this rifle this morning. One of my Stalker Hunter rifles, 27" fluted Bartlein barrel, carbon fiber McMillan Game Hunter stock, my Stalker receiver. This was one of my Quick Build projects offered earlier this year. One of my favorite color schemes to date.

E8135CD0-32B3-404E-A999-A6F80C8AACDA.jpeg

D56ABCEE-785D-4C04-AFB1-99FA7923F357.jpeg

Bare rifle weight came in right at 7.0 lbs on the dot. Nothing special compared to the Ultra Lights we see now days other then considering this is a full dimensioned stock, full length barrel and chambered in my 300 Allen Xpress. Accuracy test load was with the huge 245 gr berger EH loaded to a comfy 3100 fps using Retumbo. Other powders could get a bit more speed then this but the stability and current availability of Retumbo was the reason we went with it. That 5200 ft/lbs of energy. Quite unique for any 30 cal, let alone a 7.0 lb bare rifle weight 30 cal.

View attachment

Accuracy tested at 890 yards and shot great. Customer wanted drop chart developed as well, tested from 380 yards to 1015 yards and several in between and right on the money. Going to be some elk this fall in serious trouble!!

That is a very nice looking balanced rifle. That is the color scheme I like. Very much like the McMil GW & GH series of stocks for hunting rifles. Have one on my 338. Good prone LR but can still be comfortably shouldered. The stocks CF and color scheme with the contrasting black and bead blasted silver/grey metal looks great!

That's a looker! I have same color McMil GH under my R5 700 in .308. Love it... and lightweight!
This is about as light as i am willing to go with my 300 Allen Xpress. Could go a bit lighter with my 7mm Allen Mag but not much. My Stalker family of wildcats can go quite a bit lighter using my Stalker UL receiver and a full EDGE tech carbon fiber mcmillan stock. Need to use the Enhanced EDGE stocks for the 300 Allen Xpress and 7mm Allen Mag which are a few ounces heavier. Still weight to POWER ratio is outstanding!! 300 AX will do 5200 f/lbs in 7 lb rifle, 7mm AM will push 4800 ft/lbs in same weight rifle. Both extremely comfortable to shoot.