Light weight scope for 6-800 yards

I just purchased a Tract Toric 3-15x42. 20 oz. Schott Glass. Very nice BDC plex or they make a standard plex. Awesome scope. Otherwise the Leupold 3-15x44. The Tract has better glass though.

I'd like to try that Razor HD LH (light hunter). You get the Razor glass and at 20oz, you get best of both worlds.
The down side is that it's only a 1" tube and the reticle isn't all that desirable.

Besides, the scope is NOT meant for 'glassing'. When you point your gun at people, they don't like it. That's what your binoculars will be for. The scope is just for SHOOTING and the 6X will be fine for that.

I'm beginning to think the guys who bring up pointing a gun at people are the guilty ones. As far as "glassing" no one here as advocating "glassing" with the scope. A scope is meant for generating money for the manufacturer. What one uses it for is up to them. I use my scope to verify I want to shoot the critter I found with my binocs or happen to see with my un-aided eye. There's no way I would take a fixed power scope on any hunt, much less a high dollar hunt.

A friend of mine accompanied his friend on a goat hunt. He brought his 6 1/2-20X scope along. They found a few billies with the 7X binoculars. Once the hunter decided on the one he wanted he switched to his fixed rifle scope and made the shot. "Why'd you shoot that one!?" was my friends immediate response to the shot. "It's the one I wanted," he said. The one you wanted walked over to the left while you picked up your rifle. The one you shot came out from behind that rock on the right." If he had enough magnification he would have realized the one he wanted was not the one in his sight picture.

I found a nice looking buck with my 8X binoculars on one hunt. I could see the antlers were wider than the ears, but could not tell if it had four points on both sides. I brought up the 5-25X52 and turned up the scope until I could make out it did in fact have four on both sides. After I killed it I checked the magnification setting: 12X. A fixed 6X or a fixed 8X or a fixed 10X would not have worked.

I'm beginning to think the guys who bring up pointing a gun at people are the guilty ones. <SNIPPED STUFF>
Wow. Just so you know, it wasn't me that crapped in your Cheerio box, so you can chill out. And - FOR THE RECORD - those complaining about being 'scoped' are more likely to have BEEN in the crosshairs of another's gun. Once it happens to you, it is a chilling moment you won't forget. I was just making a friendly point/reminder that a scope isn't about FINDING the game. Wasn't pointing fingers at anyone on here. Peace Rich.

A friend of mine accompanied his friend on a goat hunt. He brought his 6 1/2-20X scope along. They found a few billies with the 7X binoculars. Once the hunter decided on the one he wanted he switched to his fixed rifle scope and made the shot. "Why'd you shoot that one!?" was my friends immediate response to the shot. "It's the one I wanted," he said. The one you wanted walked over to the left while you picked up your rifle. The one you shot came out from behind that rock on the right." If he had enough magnification he would have realized the one he wanted was not the one in his sight picture.

IMO If he was a friend, he would have been talking to the shooter as he got behind the rifle, to let him know the animals had moved. And then to help him find the one he wanted, before he shot. Just my $0.02

I am utterly intrigued by the VX6HD 3-18x44 and found it on line and I absolutely love theT-MOA reticle, BUT.......the scope adjustments are in .25MOA but what is the reticle, MOA/MIL or MOA/MOA? Could someone please clear this up for me. I pretty sure I looked over Leupold's product discription pretty good and all it says is it adjusts in .25moa and not caliber specific which is great. It didn't give any break down or explanation of the T-MOA reticle but am I over complicating things and missing the fact that T-MOA means its a MOA/MOA scope?

OOOPS,
Just found a discription that listed the hash marks are in MOA so its a MOA/MOA scope so never mind.

Wow. Just so you know, it wasn't me that crapped in your Cheerio box, so you can chill out. And - FOR THE RECORD - those complaining about being 'scoped' are more likely to have BEEN in the crosshairs of another's gun. Once it happens to you, it is a chilling moment you won't forget. I was just making a friendly point/reminder that a scope isn't about FINDING the game. Wasn't pointing fingers at anyone on here. Peace Rich.

I was actually shot at. But I still don't go on websites and tell everyone to not point their rifles at others.

IMO If he was a friend, he would have been talking to the shooter as he got behind the rifle, to let him know the animals had moved. And then to help him find the one he wanted, before he shot. Just my $0.02
He probably thought that the guy shooting knew about it. It's just a mistake, it's life, and guess what he/we can learn from this.

Going on a Dall Sheep hunt looking for a good scope to put on my 6.5x284 Norma mountain rifle. There are so many great scopes today not sure what to get? I am 55 years old so the eyes are not that great anymore. Don't believe I need a real high power model. Thinking like a 3x18 I have a Trijicon 5-20x50 on my Tikka 300WSM I could use or the wife's Trijicon 2.5-12x56.Never heat anyone talk about these do y'all not like them? Was thinking maybe Leupold VX6HD 3-18x 50 or? Willing to spend the money for a great scope if they really are better than my Trijicon. My guide said a shot more than 400 yards is uncommon.
i use a zeiss

i use a zeiss
Going on a Dall Sheep hunt looking for a good scope to put on my 6.5x284 Norma mountain rifle. There are so many great scopes today not sure what to get? I am 55 years old so the eyes are not that great anymore. Don't believe I need a real high power model. Thinking like a 3x18 I have a Trijicon 5-20x50 on my Tikka 300WSM I could use or the wife's Trijicon 2.5-12x56.Never heat anyone talk about these do y'all not like them? Was thinking maybe Leupold VX6HD 3-18x 50 or? Willing to spend the money for a great scope if they really are better than my Trijicon. My guide said a shot more than 400 yards is uncommon.
i use a zeiss variable to 14x on my 6.5x284 and its light and very clear !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.