Lets talk SLINGS

I just use regular slings but I always carry a pack and I put a homemade hook on my pack strap that keeps my rifle in place when I sling it. It only sticks up an inch and it doesn't effect quick access to the rifle but it keeps it from sliding off.

T.Rex for light tactical
VTAC for normal hunt

I run both and have tried many others.

Attachments

• 982DD59E-E229-4D37-B4D3-67D9DC82AAE4.jpeg
    982DD59E-E229-4D37-B4D3-67D9DC82AAE4.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 450BE5C1-77A9-4B65-AA5F-950A8CE03475.jpeg
    450BE5C1-77A9-4B65-AA5F-950A8CE03475.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 39
If you like the MS1 have a look at the Blue Force Gear Vickers that I linked earlier in the thread. I think it's more of an MS1 than the MS1 is.
Thank you sir, I will look at that sling again. I came to the MS from personal debates about the Vickers and Viking Tactics slings. I don't think any are wrong, I test drove a VTAC and MS, went MS but it was more of an availability kinda thing.

I would say for outwest hunts I would be looking at the safari/backpack type slings for sure!

If you truly want to have a hands free sling type setup for Western hunting you should look again at the Kifaru Gun Bearer. That paired with a standard basic sling can't be beat for being hands free when in tough terrain, but also have your rifle readily available for snap shots at game or dangerous game. I have one on each of my packs.

I'd offer to let you look at the Vickers that I have if we weren't ~2500 miles apart! Whether it is worth the increase in price over the MS1 is going to be a personal call.

The Gun Bearer looks like a really viable option when carrying a pack. I've often wondered how guys manage a pack and a slung rifle. My shoulders just aren't wide enough for all of that. A Biathlon type sling doesn't seem like it would work at all with a pack.

If you truly want to have a hands free sling type setup for Western hunting you should look again at the Kifaru Gun Bearer. That paired with a standard basic sling can't be beat for being hands free when in tough terrain, but also have your rifle readily available for snap shots at game or dangerous game. I have one on each of my packs.

Been seeing a lot of people comment on how nice these are. I bought the rifle holder for my KUIU pack and it has come in handy while package in/out. However, it is pretty useless if I need to the rifle quickly. So..... I ordered one of these. They are actually in stock and on sale.

Been seeing a lot of people comment on how nice these are. I bought the rifle holder for my KUIU pack and it has come in handy while package in/out. However, it is pretty useless if I need to the rifle quickly. So..... I ordered one of these. They are actually in stock and on sale.
Don't get frustrated when you first get it. You will have to experiment with moving it around and adjusting but once you have it correct it's great. I find it more comfortable with my scope on the turned over as opposed to up top under my arm. It's just more comfortable for me that way. Anyways I hope it works out for you!

I would say for outwest hunts I would be looking at the safari/backpack type slings for sure!
People say that, but I ask, what is on your back? I ask because I carry a pack of some kind 100% of the time.

I use an adjustable 2pt on my front side like a tactical 2 pt, but with quick cuff capability…I tape the crown.

hands free sling type setup for Western hunting you should look again at the Kifaru Gun Bearer.
This looks hand. I probably would try it, if my current method had issues.

I also have and like the Kifaru gun bearer; mine is the universal type.

For sling, another option is the Safari sling; I have the black and silver version.

Have used the Safari Sling....aka Boonie Packer..... only on all my rifles and shotguns for thirty plus years. Very flexible, weight bears on opposite shoulder across neck. Pull tight under arm for penetrating heavy foliage/greater control of slung gun/better scope protection, slide around to back for climbing into tree stands, barrel orientation up/down/right/left/straight ahead, never slips off shoulder as traditional slings, carries gun in scope up orientation for snap shot opportunities. Can't recommend enough. Last one bought was only $20 at Cabelas. Give it a try. You will never go back to traditional slings. Used "homemade" version in VN....probably where current manufacturer got the concept..... while patroling, penetrating heavy jungle, climbing steep/slippery inclines, carrying other gear....rifle always at ready for quick deployment in life-n-death scenarios......today think surprise bear encounters.

I also have and like the Kifaru gun bearer; mine is the universal type.

For sling, another option is the Safari sling; I have the black and silver version.

Sadly, the manufacturer's video is HORRIBLE!!!! These slings offer much, much more than reflected in their video. They should be ashamed of their inferior informational video. Killing their own product. Spend $20 bucks (as last purchased at Cabelas) and work with it for a while. You will never go back to any traditional sling. I put a rubber band on the rear sling loop just above the top of the stock specifically to keep sling from slipping off of the stock Move the rubber band upward toward sling web if for some reason you want to return to demonstrated use. Probably have around 20 of these slings. Easy to switch to other rifles/shotguns.

Vtac makes an amazing sling. I use them on my work guns and my hunting rifles. They're not cheap but they work amazing