Len's New APS, 6.5WSM XP-100

6.5 WSM....hmmm thats pretty interesting. Just neck down 7 WSM brass? That thing oughta smoke em. I might just have to have one of those.

Dennis
what is that extractor you installed for? doesnt the gun extract the shell after kirby gets done with it?

No, it was a bolt release to enable the bolt to be pulled back just alittle more. Long rounds don't extract if the bullet is still in place.

hs
Not so far!

Len,
I haven't been out shooting except for some old ammo at a match in Wausau and one at Daniel Boone. In fact I had to shoot 22lr at Boone. Sure wish I could be shooting out to 6oo yds. around here.
I've been thinking I better start shooting the air pistol just to get more practice.
I've gotten addicted to jeep trail riding and it can be a lot more costly then sp's. All I wanted was a vehicle to get around in the winter and ....
Plus I'm working on the Savage target action pistol along with Matt, mine is a 338/300 wsm and Matt's is a 7wsm.

Mike

I joined the Ripon gun club. In fact I'm going over in the morning.

Mike, sounds like you are busy! Air pistol....hmmmmm

I shot 19 rabbits in my backyard in the last 12 months with my air rifle. Fun.

Range Report:

I only shot this handgun about 50 times last fall when I got it just before hunting season. Today I went out to the range that I just joined. Nice setup, not very busy during the day time on weekdays. Can shoot out as far as 600 yards from bench or prone.

Anyway, I had never shot it off a bench before, always prone. I had the scope off to install Shawn's bolt release last month. So I shot (from the bench with bipod) one group each at 200, 400 and 600 yards to re-establish my drop chart. Two were 3 shot groups and one was 5 shots. All were just under or just barely over 1/2 MOA. I am still using the first load I started with. Never adjusted the OAL or the powder weight. I don't think I will bother.

Now my plan is to shoot often this summer from hunting positions, always prone or seated with bipod. Not a lot of shots each time out there. Just enough to keep up my muscle memory.

Len
Excellent shooting!
Could you mention again what your load is?
If not willing to post it, just email me please.

Yes, Ernie posted one, I think in the handgun forum, not sure.

Story to follow in a week or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.