Len, Story with Photos Please!

LaHunter

Alright Len, I saw your post in another section referring to your Grand Canyon hike: 30 miles with one overnight. Very impressive.
We need the story and lots of photos, I know you have some good pictures!
Your Rim to Rim Grand Canyon Hike story with Lite Hiker from a few years ago inspired me to do the rim to rim hike myself, and I already want to go back and do it again. That is an amazing place.

LaHunter

Thanks for your interest!

But I am not even home yet. On the way homeward I just detoured over to Zion and finished an aborted day trip to the top of Angels Landing. In 2017 there was a big electrical storm coming in at me fast so I bailed out. Here is that story.

Actually this recent Grand Canyon trip included the 30 mile over night you mention plus a previous full pack, 14 mile day where when I reached a different intended camp, I decided to walk out and not stay.

But I first plan to write a summary of my seven hike/backpack adventures of 2020.

And then I'll list my six or seven 2021 adventure plans and write about the just now completed Trip #1 of 2021.

But here is a GC preview picture of me.

20210305_071709.jpg

Step #1

Here is a link to my 2020 trips thread.

Story on this month's Grand Canyon adventure to follow soon.

Stay tuned to the LRH channel!

Meanwhile here are pix of my last Grand Canyon breakfast as I headed out of town toward Zion.

And yes, that is fried ice cream to accompany my Mexican eggs and beans and potatoes.

20210307_072252.jpg
20210307_070934.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.