Lee Collect die's HELP ME..

ol mike

Lee Collect die\'s HELP ME..

Howdy
I'm trying to reload some 221 fireball ammo right now ,this is the first time i've "tried" to use the Lee collet die.I went right by the directions>>turn the die down until it touchs the shellholder then one more turn.Says i'll feel it eject the primer,then the handle will come to a halt,>put 25# minimum pressure on the handle ><did that nothing happens...What now???Mike

Re: Lee Collect die\'s HELP ME..

You are doing fine. The die works by squeezing the neck in a collet against a mandrel. Just push down for a second and let go. The case is sized!!!!

These dies are capable of loading some very accurate ammo w/very low runnout. Other than having to work a little harder, they are great.

Bill is right you are fine , and I expect that you are putting more pressure on that press than you need to since it has so much leverage it doesn't take much to put 25 lbs. on the case.

So , when you consider that you don't have to lube the cases I think you are really working less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Jim

Thank you Bill and Jim,

I checked the neck and the bullets are seating firmly.And yes i was putting more pressure than needed,I feel like i have the touch now.
Sorry for the slow response,i got carried away with the loading.Mike

[ QUOTE ]
I expect that you are putting more pressure on that press than you need to since it has so much leverage it doesn't take much to put 25 lbs. on the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

With press I'm using, it is work. I'm not sure of the make or how old it is, but it has EAGLE written on one side and COBRA written on the other. If I'd quite buying rifles, scopes and chronographs, I could afford a new press!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts