Kids and ar15s

Regardless of what you buy, have or build you already started on the right foot! Getting children involved in shooting! Teach safety, clearing procedures, before and after shooting, be redundant. Let her see you clear it before and after she does. Explain the importance. Teach fundamentals! Explain you can't put the bullet back once you pull the trigger. Spend time and teach. It's not going to be wrong

I hate being a party pooper but since this is a young person I feel compelled to say something. I learned from an old LAPD Investigator/ Rangemaster to limit how many rounds to put in any semi -auto firearm when it's a new firearm or new shooter. The reason being is sears can go bad and the firearm can start double tapping, triple tapping, or go full auto. For a new shooter this could be a very bad thing. Also with the gas port being closer to the face on a left handed shooter raises the danger of injury if there is a case head failure. Catastrophic failures on any firearms isn't pleasant. On an AR it can be fairly explosive. I'd suggest using or getting a decent bolt rifle in .223 over using an AR15 for a new shooter. We could all use a .223 trainer. Just my two cents worth from the peanut gallery.

I hate being a party pooper but since this is a young person I feel compelled to say something. I learned from an old LAPD Investigator/ Rangemaster to limit how many rounds to put in any semi -auto firearm when it's a new firearm or new shooter. The reason being is sears can go bad and the firearm can start double tapping, triple tapping, or go full auto. For a new shooter this could be a very bad thing. Also with the gas port being closer to the face on a left handed shooter raises the danger of injury if there is a case head failure. Catastrophic failures on any firearms isn't pleasant. On an AR it can be fairly explosive. I'd suggest using or getting a decent bolt rifle in .223 over using an AR15 for a new shooter. We could all use a .223 trainer. Just my two cents worth from the peanut gallery.
Gas port or ejection port? Left ir right handed the gas port remains the same distance. I also 12 when I shot my 1st AR......yup, left handed without a brass catcher. If you don't have a full auto carrier it removes the chance of going full auto, unless you have a bad fire control group (rise armament). I didn't say it wasn't possible, only lessens the possibility. Even 700's have their issues.

At the 6:50 mark watch the gas fly out the ejection port. Imagine a kid's face there.

If the dis connector breaks it can cause double taps or even full auto. The last time I had to fix this issue was on a Glock.

I have to agree on this one.

If an AR can blow up, then (and have) BA's can do it also! A 700 might not (nor ever will) go full auto, but still go bang when you DON'T want them too. That can be catastrophic! Gas (there's always some amount) coming out of the ejection port, bcg and/or chargehandle! Even on a piston AR you will get gas out of the ejection port, just not from the bcg and/or less from the chargehandle. Depending on the child shooting an AR left-handed with a right-handed ejection could make them discouraged? If, they've been shooting for a good while there shouldn't be an issue.

If an AR can blow up, then (and have) BA's can do it also! A 700 might not (nor ever will) go full auto, but still go bang when you DON'T want them too. That can be catastrophic! Gas (there's always some amount) coming out of the ejection port, bcg and/or chargehandle! Even on a piston AR you will get gas out of the ejection port, just not from the bcg and/or less from the chargehandle. Depending on the child shooting an AR left-handed with a right-handed ejection could make them discouraged? If, they've been shooting for a good while there shouldn't be an issue.
Sure bolt actions can blow up. But from what I've seen the AR's and other semi auto's explosions are far more violent. Like I said watch that video at the 6:40 mark and imagine a kid's face being in that blast. A left hand shooter is going to get the full effect of that gas escaping. Heck start at the 6:00 mark for all the explosions.