Kansas whitetail outfitter recommendations

Kelly1278

Im planning a kansas whitetail hunt this year and would like some feedback on outfitters. Ive been on a few hunts in other states that weren't that great and so I decided this time I would try and get some honest feedback. Got to put in for tags soon so im trying to decide where to go

C&S whitetails is who I hunt with. I think they are booked for bow this year but have a couple Muzzlestuffer and a few gun slots available.... last time I talked to them, that is. It's my favorite place on earth, you can't go wrong with them. They are long range friendly as well. Once you hunt with Chad and Chayne, you'll never want to go anywhere else. I think they have over 25k acres of all food and river bottom. I would snag an early season muzzle loader hunt, but I have a great group of friends who I hunt with during gun season. I look forward to my annual trip to C&S more than just about anything.

side note: Chayne can spot deer better than anyone I have ever seen. I pride myself on my abilities to do the same as I hunt (people) for a living, but Chayne blows me out of the water. I swear that man has 20/05 vision. We will be driving of an afternoon to get to a new set and he will lay the brakes on due to a single tine showing at 200 yards, it's kind of crazy to see....he does this while he's driving I might add.

The food is out of this world as well.

tell them Jesse sent you.

Awesome! So you would recommend early muzzleloader over rifle ? I have a custom smokeless muzzleloader as well
If you're rocking a smokeless I'd go early season. Fact is that there are more shooters alive in September than December. A 3-600 yard capable shooter has much better odds than your average joe. You can't go wrong with gun season though either. I'm always shocked in deer camp at the lack of quality equipment utilized by the patrons. Guys will spend 4K on a hunt + travel across the country to hunt with a $500 rifle and $100 optic, thereby limiting shooting distance to 150-200. Yet, these guys still kill big deer at C&S, that should serve as a testament to the quality of land and guides.

Additionally, I'm familiar with extreme. I plan on hunting in Illinois with them in 2022. The warden (wife) makes me limit the number of out of state hunts, so I have to plan 2 years in advance. C&S is a mainstay however. I hope they have a slot and if you hunt with them you drop a stud!

Had the best outfitter experience of any kind I have ever had with Central Kansas Whitetails in 2016. They are located in Great Bend. Hunted during the September muzzleloader season. Got this buck.

328CE111-706C-4FD1-9304-0D93F53842A7.jpeg

Awesome! So you would recommend early muzzleloader over rifle ? I have a custom smokeless muzzleloader as well
Shout out from a fellow smokeless muzz enthusiast. I hunted KS a few times before breaking down and buying a tract in Iowa....hence my love for the smokeless as we have no rifle season.
Back to KS.....that early muzz hunt is a blessing and a curse. If your outfitter is halfway on the ball, he should have a strong idea of what bucks are showing up at his different properties. You are right at the tail end of their very predictable summer feeding pattern. Whether it's cell cams or long distance glassing, a quality outfitter will be tuned in to which bucks are showing up.
One of the reasons I bought land was the difficulty in finding a quality outfitter who didn't over hunt his ground, play favorites with existing clients and/or guys videoing for tv. It's tough for an outfitter to pay for his leases and other expenses and make a profit without booking a bunch of hunts. This means pressure, and older bucks don't tolerate it. It also means lots of 3.5 yr olds, and often 2.5s are shot, which will ruin an area quickly.
Also, the weather in KS that time of yr can be stifling hot. Pair that with the fact that it's often a waste of time and counter productive to hunt mornings.....so it's an evening only deal where if it's hot the deer will move right before dark. That leaves a lot of down time.....ask your outfitter if there are other activities like fishing or shooting clays or whatever.
Good luck and happy hunting.

The summary provided by Bullmark is spot on in terms of the hunting conditions we experienced. Very hot, very humid, evening only show. Only thing I observed that was different is that I had never been to Central Kansas Whitetails before, and they put me on deer of the same quality as the guys that had been coming every year for years. They maintained a book of trail cam shots and were very open about what was in various locations (we targeted the buck I got) and they did not play favorites in any way from my perspective. Not at all like several experiences I have had here in the West with other outfitters. They were also incredibly gracious and accommodating with my father, whose health was failing, and I will be forever grateful for that.