Kahles 328i ZCO

shooters

I was dead set on another 420 ZCO
But has anyone had a chance to play with the new Kahles 328i?
The field of view is huge.
I'm guessing with the optical changes there's even less CA than the 525i.
I absolutely loved my 525's. Honestly more so than my ZCO. Shocker to some like Lance I'm sure
Anyhow, just wanting to see if anyone has any experience.

Out of the 4 525's I've owned, I've never once had an issue. So keep the tracking and durability comments to a minimum here. 😎

I looked through one. Seemed clearer than my K318i on same magnification. FOV seems on par with the March FX 3.5-28×52WA, but I didn't have mine with me to directly compare. Definitely a great scope. Retail price is way up there, though. Actually a tick more than the ZCO 527. But I think it is a great option in that top echelon of optics. I am happy to see a few more true Alpha glass coming to the market. Especially from Kahles.

I like my K318i just fine, especially for the $2k price tag I paid.

It doesn't cut the mustard compared to my ZCO420. But for 60% of the price, can't go wrong and I am keeping it.

First 3 shots of the day Saturday morning on a bowling pin steel at 842 all connected. Hard to argue with that.
20241026_094037.jpg

I looked through one. Seemed clearer than my K318i on same magnification. FOV seems on par with the March FX 3.5-28×52WA, but I didn't have mine with me to directly compare. Definitely a great scope. Retail price is way up there, though. Actually a tick more than the ZCO 527. But I think it is a great option in that top echelon of optics. I am happy to see a few more true Alpha glass coming to the market. Especially from Kahles.

I like my K318i just fine, especially for the $2k price tag I paid.

It doesn't cut the mustard compared to my ZCO420. But for 60% of the price, can't go wrong and I am keeping it.

First 3 shots of the day Saturday morning on a bowling pin steel at 842 all connected. Hard to argue with that.
View attachment 612291

Man. I always appreciate your optics knowledge and information. Huge help thanks.

@lancetkenyon that's the other thing. I don't know if I'm OK paying more for the 328 over the ZCO. I've spend a solid year with the 420 and love it. Just prefer the Kahles controls I guess. I also feel like the 420 is **** near indestructible.
And with Huber and Gebhart running the show, there's probably not any better customer service.

Would really like to spend an hour with the 328

I've had zco and now the kahles 328i. Nothing wrong with the zco but I like the kahles better. FOV is great, love the controls on the kahles too. The glass is a definite improvement, low light is its specialty, beat a 56mm zeiss I had. I went with the skmr + reticle so the upper half is less busy, which I prefer. Have it on my 30 SM right now. It's been solid. Weight is almost 37oz but somehow balances well on my rifle.