Just Announced - Leica Geovid Pro 8x32 & 10x32

It would be super cool to see a quality glass company come out with a pair of 15's that had a ballistic program. I am surprised nobody's done this yet. Sure would make it nice and take one less step out of the ranging process for those who use higher power optics. I would imagine there would be a big market for them.

This thread has gotten a little stale, but I wanted to share my experience with these. I have had them since last fall and have used them at the range, hunting deer and coyotes, and just general viewing.

Previously, I had a set of Nikon Laserforce RF binoculars. They were ok for my purposes, and a reasonable price for a mid/value RF binocular. They were the first set I looked through that had reasonable optical quality and weren't prohibitively expensive. Unfortunately, the RF display died and they were out of the warranty period. They offered me a new pair for $1200 CDN, which was basically the new purchase price. Since they were no longer supported for repair or sale, I put the money towards Leica Geovid Pro 10x32. As you would expect given the price difference, they are superior in every way. To be fair, I have not compared them side by side with a variety of other high end binoculars with and without RF function.

I highly recommend these although the purchase price is (gulp) considerable. I'm confident they will last for years and have the all the functionality I need for my long range shooting hobby as well as hunting.

I just read this review https://www.snipershide.com/precisi...-pro-32-laser-rangefinding-binoculars-review/ and would concur with the authors assessment and recommendation.

In terms of the ballistic solver, I do have previous experience with Revic BR4/Revic app, Kestrel 5700 Elite, and iSnipe. They are user friendly, accurate and fast. Except for the ELR crowd, I think they are all you really need.

My only critique, is that they do not offer a mount option for use with a tripod - either ARCA or 1/4" thread. This is a minor criticism for compact RF binoculars. I find I either use them alone or use them in combination with a tripod mounted spotting scope.

Accessories:
Alaska Guide Creations - Classic Gen L Bino Harness - highly recommend for keeping them close, safe and handy. I like the extra pockets for carrying a few accessories when coyote hunting.
Aziak equipment - bino clamp. Goes around the barrel and provides an ARCA mount. Low profile enough that they can be left in place. Also recommend, but not really necessary for binos this size.

Recent Posts