It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Cocktails! Added jalapeño to my margarita recipe/shaker. We were at the neighbors after a kids baseball tournament for a cookout and cocktails. I was making three at a time so this may seem like a lot!

6 oz of tequila
3 oz grand marnier
2 squirts of blue agave
1 1/2 limes
3 slices of jalapeño

Hard shake 15-20 seconds and pour over fresh ice! This was a game changer. You can really taste the jalapeño. Subtle, but not over powering.

Also, don't knock it until you try it, very good:

I've always been an Old Fashioned kinda guy. HunterLV
Bourbon.jpg

View attachment 594635
View attachment 594636
Definitely bourbon tonight. I gotta mix it though (for now)….I'm still "new" at the bourbon thing. 😉
Nooooooo! Woodford drank any way but neat is blasphemous! Ha ha

Enjoy brother. I'll be taking a 4 day spearfishing trip in my boat down to lake powell soon, can't wait to get in from a day of spearing stripers to sit next to a camp fire and pour some!

View attachment 594635
View attachment 594636
Definitely bourbon tonight. I gotta mix it though (for now)….I'm still "new" at the bourbon thing. 😉
Give it time. Back in the day I was a crown and seven guy. Then got into bourbon. I would start with some ice and let it water down a little. Next thing you'll be getting the big cubes. I prefer a little ice or water in mine.

You guys have been sort of egging me on! Had a scotch tasting trio the other night for my birthday dinner. Interesting results: I thought Highland Park 30 Year was the best between the Highland Park and the Macallun. The Oak-cased HP special bottle was only slightly different than the red HP. For the price difference - it's Highland Park all the way. The HP had more body and was distinctly sweeter-edged than the Mac. There is no old-school iodine edge in either of them.

Attachments

• 90 Years of Scotch.jpg
    90 Years of Scotch.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 24