Italy travel and experience, go someday and experience it!

JAYgs8163

Hi all,

Just back from a trip to Italy where we visited Rome for 3 days, Tuscany countryside for 4 and Florence for 3 more days. I must say it's a beautiful country from the small part I saw. We started in Rome and saw all the sights worthy to us to see but Rome is a big city and very dirty, not our cup of tea. Florence is another large city but much cleaner and easier to walk we found. In Florence your in a large valley with beautiful countryside surroundings and a lot of History worth seeing and the ancient art work and sculptures were amazing. We really enjoyed Florence but again it's a city.

To break up the visits to the city we spent some time about 30 miles outside of Florence in the Tuscany country in a little village called "Montefioralle". This is very old small medieval village/castle that was run down and then rehabilitated by the local residents of Greve and other surrounding areas. It's amazing and the country is amazing. Wild boar and Red deer abound. This was the highlight of the trip for us. We rented a small car and drive all over the area, ate great food, drank great wine, met fantastic locals. I must say the people we met in this area were very welcoming and appreciative of USA residents. So in our journey to the Tuscany area of Montefioralle we stopped at the Florence American Cemetery and Memorial and this place was just, well, ….. made me so proud to be an AMERICAN and brought me to tears. The sacrifices our Veteran grand parents and great parents made back during WWII is all on display here and memorialized. I was so overwhelmed we ended up sitting and walking Around the grounds for a good 2 hours. This land and place was donated by the Italians some time ago and there is also one down by Rome. If you go to Italy ever and are the area DON'T miss it, you'll regret it if you do. Here's some pics to enjoy…. I know this is t about hunting or shooting but just thought you'd enjoy my short story and experience.

Best, Joe Stumpf
Tucson, Arizona

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

IMG_3212.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

Visiting Italy with 3 generations of our family was the trip of a lifetime. We landed in Venice, where we stayed for a few days before moving on. We stopped in Pompei, stayed in Florence, took time out in Tuscany, spent time on the Amalfi coast (sailed into the Blue Grato). We ended our trip with a few days in Rome visiting the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum.

I took over 1,000 HD images on that trip. Once a year, we all get together for "Italian Night", at my daughter's house, where we run the images in a slide show backed by Italian music. Long before we get there, the house is buzzing with homemade pasta drying on racks all over the kitchen and the smell of fresh sauce with an aroma that can be detected 3 doors down. Wine is carefully selected from the wineries that we visited in Tuscany and shipped to the door.

Visiting Italy was a terrific experience and reliving it with all of the sights, sounds and tastes that we enjoyed there may be even better.