Is 325wsm too much gun for Northern Whitetails & Black Bear

This was quite some time back.Was looking for brass and found Nosler custom ammo with 200 AB's for less than brass.My son and I've talked this before.If we could make it to NZ,we probably take this rifle, its handy size and we've taken game with it to 600+.And if it gets stolen in air travel it would hurt way less than our customs.Been a great rifle for us, my son, when young
WPsnow bear.jpg

Not everyone has issues with recoil. My 15 year old kid is running moa with my 375. The only rifle I won't let him run right now is my lh m700 bdl in 300rum; that rifle made my brother tear up one day. My 21 year old shoots a 300win that's 2# heavier than the 375 and it's enough for him. I can take about any recoil left handed, but if I switch over to shooting right handed, a 7rem or 300win is PLENTY of recoil.
You kind of made my point. The 300rum is "too much" for your child and brother. That goes against all of the "there's no such thing as too much" answers here. Clearly there is.

Everyone does have issue with recoil, at some level. Some people can build a great shooting position, and minimize rifle movement through recoil, before the bullet leaves the barrel. Especially from a bench. In an awkward field position it becomes harder.
Although, no one shoots better with more recoil. It's almost always the exact opposite. There's a reason competitive shooters choose lower recoiling rounds, even in 25lb rifles. It matters.

You kind of made my point. The 300rum is "too much" for your child and brother. That goes against all of the "there's no such thing as too much" answers here. Clearly there is.
My kid's 15... He could probably handle it, but I won't let him yet. I don't even load the load that got to my brother anymore as it was a bit more stout than I like to run in the rifle. I'm not sure I made your point at all. I'm just rather cautious about what I'll give my kid to shoot, as he has no fear. My brother, well, he can eat a bowl of wheaties and come back to play with the big dogs if he wants to.

I have a .325 WSM in a XP-100 handgun. I love it. Killed a WV bear at 267 yds (probably the longest handgun shot on a bear in WV). Killed around 50 deer with it (mostly crop damage permits). Works great with 180 gr. Ball. Silver Tips, 200 gr. Nos. ABs, & 200 gr. Sierra HPBT Match on deer. The Sierra was a big surprise. Expands well, awesome internal damage, but the rear penetrates all deer & will richocet on hard ground.

Well, sort of. I have a XP in .375/.284 that I killed a 5000# hippo with one shot with a Nos. 260 gr. Solid. And also a .416 Taylor in a 12" Encore that I killed an elephant on a full blown charge at 12 yards. Those are true handcannons. The .325 is an almost handcannon!

The .325 WSM cartridge is an easy way to get more performance from the 8mm bullets (few they may be...). It, like many other cartridges, can be downloaded for those with recoil issues or run at the upper level loads with heavier bullets for those wanting all the gusto they can get.

I'm not a fan of the 8mm Rem. Mag. but I do shoot the 8x57 Mauser for hunting especially in the woods. The .325 works well on the desert for slightly longer shots where the trees are lacking.

:)

Is a 325 WSM to much. Short answer, no. Is it necessary, nope. But will it work. Yep. There are some that have shot deer with a 50cal.
If you have your heart set on a 325, get it, and don't let others discourage you. It will work and you'll be pleased. But get it with a brake. You won't feel the kick on game, but on 🎯, that's another story. Bottom line get what you want. It matters to you.