Introducing the new “Hunters Rail” from SRS

I haven't done this yet! I still need to look at the design. If it will fit, I'll add it next time we run the hunters rails.

Ken

Still looking for an update.

Hey sorry I didn't respond.

We haven't done this because the rails are a little too thin. If we did this it would have to be threaded for a QD cup. We are run i g the short rails right now, I will look and see if I can figure out what threads are on a QD cup insert.

Hey sorry I didn't respond.

We haven't done this because the rails are a little too thin. If we did this it would have to be threaded for a QD cup. We are run i g the short rails right now, I will look and see if I can figure out what threads are on a QD cup insert.
Looking forward to what you come up with.

Thinking out loud here; what if you thickened a small section just behind the pic rail to be able to integrate the flush cup? Would be much nicer looking and less prone to snag than a screw in flush cup. Also not susceptible to damage.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

Thinking out loud here; what if you thickened a small section just behind the pic rail to be able to integrate the flush cup? Would be much nicer looking and less prone to snag than a screw in flush cup. Also not susceptible to damage.
"Thickening" just that section would be mean starting with larger material and lots more machining time to thin the rest of it up.

So to those of you have the rail has anyone mounted it to a Manners EH1? Debating going with the individual arca/pic front and balance rear rail or just the full hunter rail. I spend more time holding the rifle offhand without gloves while hunting compared to mounted on a tripod so wondering if the full rail will interfere with my offhand grip.

The only other arca rail I have is on an HNT chassis and I put an AFG on it as it was more comfortable to hold compared to the bare arca rail.

So to those of you have the rail has anyone mounted it to a Manners EH1? Debating going with the individual arca/pic front and balance rear rail or just the full hunter rail. I spend more time holding the rifle offhand without gloves while hunting compared to mounted on a tripod so wondering if the full rail will interfere with my offhand grip.

The only other arca rail I have is on an HNT chassis and I put an AFG on it as it was more comfortable to hold compared to the bare arca rail.
I also don't like ARCA on the balance point right in front of the magwell. I typically combine the 4" tactical SRS rail with a Magpul pic rail. If SRS would make a 7-8" Hunter rail, I would probably have to have one.
PXL_20220621_205945458.jpg

Has anyone installed one of these yet ?
How do they feel while carrying your gun on your shoulders ?