Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Not the same powder so no care 😂 and you do know that it's not even max charge right?

Let's compare apples to apples not apples to oranges

good try though
For one he's not pushing hard enough and his powder selection is too slow
For two, your still in the wrong thread, please follow the forum rules and stay on topic or move along please

Last edited:
In keeping with the produce theme, you wish to compare unknown varieties of apples to other unknown varieties of apples.
You didn't post your own barrel length, the post you quoted does not have a barrel length. Etc.
We really don't want to know as this ain't the Badlands Bullet thread anyway

We really don't want to know as this ain't the Badlands Bullet thread anyway
So someone else mentions they use h4831 and a Hammer hunter bullet you instantly get all wet and like their comment but bash me for throwing a Badlands data for comparison? Hahaha guess you will keep trying to shove inflated test results down supporters throats. Not the 1st time Hammer has advertised inflated numbers just to make sales. 😂

So someone else mentions they use h4831 and a Hammer hunter bullet you instantly get all wet and like their comment but bash me for throwing a Badlands data for comparison? Hahaha guess you will keep trying to shove inflated test results down supporters throats. Not the 1st time Hammer has advertised inflated numbers just to make sales. 😂
Dude, Hammer isn't advertising anything here. Get off your high horse.

No one Is bashing anybody, Go start your own thread and do your own comparison if you like, we are not interested in it here

this is my daughters 6.5 PRC. I ran it out to 600 yards and it was less than 1/2 MOA at all yardages with a 15 power huskemaw. At 400 it shot an 1 1/4" group. The group below was at 100 yards.
7193261C-0E35-45C8-9870-D023F6E9EC2E.jpeg

The relieved bearing surface in the bullet shank requires a slightly faster-burning powder to get the highest velocities. With the powders of the burning rate you might use with other bullets of the same weight & diameter, and the usual charge weights for your cartridge, you would probably get low pressures & velocities. Past experience with monolithic bullets with relief grooves in the shank have shown me that the rifle will digest pretty stiff loads without showing pressure signs, but as you work up incrementally, you may find that this changes rather suddenly. This tendency may also be exacerbated by the faster powders, so be very cautious s you work your way up the scale, and consider using smaller incremental changes than what you might typically use. I haven't worked with this particular bullet, but a lot of guys on this forum have made comments similar to these. If you read a bunch of the posts about this, you will be well-informed on what t expect with these bullets. You can also call Hammer Bullets and get some intel on the loading & testing process.
Thank you. I have read all the pages in this thread. The guys on here, like yourself, are the main factor behind my decision to use these bullets. I am getting a little discouraged by not being able to reach the velocities posted. I still plan on sticking with the Absolutes however. They shoot really good groups in my rifle even if I haven't figured out how to make them zing yet. We will

Thank you. I have read all the pages in this thread. The guys on here, like yourself, are the main factor behind my decision to use these bullets. I am getting a little discouraged by not being able to reach the velocities posted. I still plan on sticking with the Absolutes however. They shoot really good groups in my rifle even if I haven't figured out how to make them zing yet. We will
It may be your rifle. I've got a Christensen in 338 Lapua and hit pressure early on and way below book max with pretty much everything I fed it. This is a common theme with Christensen rifles. I read about it all the time on their FB page and other forums.

I ended up with the 213 gr Hammer at 3250 fps. Shoots lights out and is responsible for the mountain goat you can see in my profile photo. This was about 4 years ago after I had discovered Hammer Bullets.