Information on long range shooting and Hunting??

msauce1

How or where can I get information on the rise and interests in this avenue of our sport?
I want to present facts at our local club to push for a longer range other a sight in range of 100yds.
There seems to be a push back from the Pistol shooters saying that a longer range is not profitable. Compared to the pistol range and sporting clays.
I know that PRS and LRH matches are growing a lot. Any information so I can present a case for improving the rifle range would be appreceated greatly!!
Our club is in Central Oregon, there is only one range that has matches on the East side that I know of and that club has a number of people in high places in our club. ( the ones holding us back) HELP PLEASE!!

If your facility became NRA compliant to hold various types of matches then the club could hold events and make money. However, you need to have the land, facilities and money to invest and who knows how long a return would take.

Our club is limited to 400yds. We were interested in making it a 600yd facility to accommodate some NRA matches but things just never worked out. We have enough property but it's rolling hills and would need some heavy equipment to flatten things out. We also have local residents nearby who complain about everything that we do. We have bent over backwards to make them happy, but they just never stop.

How or where can I get information on the rise and interests in this avenue of our sport?
I want to present facts at our local club to push for a longer range other a sight in range of 100yds.
There seems to be a push back from the Pistol shooters saying that a longer range is not profitable. Compared to the pistol range and sporting clays.
I know that PRS and LRH matches are growing a lot. Any information so I can present a case for improving the rifle range would be appreceated greatly!!
Our club is in Central Oregon, there is only one range that has matches on the East side that I know of and that club has a number of people in high places in our club. ( the ones holding us back) HELP PLEASE!!
This is a matter of resources—time, money, space/real estate, and human resources to help manage and champion/support the effort. In addition, the club's goal. If the 100Y range is their ultimate goal, and there is no revenue to support your proposal, that is a big hurdle to overcome, especially when there is not enough local support.

There are about five ranges, including indoors, within a 20-minute drive from me. I have been a member of http://gfssc.org/ since it opened. It has a 50Y pistol range, 200Y range, 300Y range, and 1000Y range. I use primarily the 50 and 200Y ranges. I have yet to use the 1000Y because it is only open one day a week and in the evening. As @FireFlyFishing noted, I can drive 30 minutes and shoot for miles if I want to stretch the range.

I commend your effort; good luck!

Have you attended a PRS or LRH match ? Perhaps start there. And speak to the range owners/operators. And go from there. Or do as others have said do your own thing.