I'm back from my 2nd Chuckar hunt

Iron Worker

I'm a hiker, and I work out in the gym. I am hunting Chuckars in the High Desert Mountains of Northern Nevada. We're talking about an ultra-rugged terrain with large and small boulders everywhere (while climbing up a steep hill), which has no trails to walk on. That's where they are; I watched where to step and occasionally looked at the dogs. A once false step and you'll fall, break, or twist something; regardless, it was fun and a tremendous workout. I'm ready to go back.

I'm a hiker, and I work out in the gym. I am hunting Chuckars in the High Desert Mountains of Northern Nevada. We're talking about an ultra-rugged terrain with large and small boulders everywhere (while climbing up a steep hill), which has no trails to walk on. That's where they are; I watched where to step and occasionally looked at the dogs. A once false step and you'll fall, break, or twist something; regardless, it was fun and a tremendous workout. I'm ready to go back.
I may have missed it on your other thread but which choke did you decide on and was it the correct choice? Secondly how many flushes or points did the dogs get?
I haven't hunted wild birds in their natural habitat only pen raised that we released and I'm a bit jealous.

I may have missed it on your other thread but which choke did you decide on and was it the correct choice? Secondly how many flushes or points did the dogs get?
I haven't hunted wild birds in their natural habitat only pen raised that we released and I'm a bit jealous.
Just to let you know, Modified choke. The dogs had several points, but my partner said they were on sents. Only a couple of flushes, my partner said, the area must have been heavily hunted before us. Also, his dogs weren't behaving as he wanted; next up for his dogs were shock collars.

That's surprising. Beretta A400 is known as one of the softest recoiling guns out there. I see your model is a 3.5 inch. That's more of a waterfowl model. What load are you using for chuckar?