• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

I predict that I am going to permanently BAN at least 10 more members very soon for complaining about SELLERS' PRICES.

Sorry, but YOU fit nearly every exclusion you mentioned in your post...except for having a minimum of 50 posts...you have 67 posts on LRH
You are a new guy...if you have enough positive feedback transactions, then you are more than likely trusted, until then you are probably not trusted

As for price gouging...
So, it's ok that housing prices have nearly doubled in many places in the USA.
People are fighting/outbidding each other, to pay 200% of what that house cost pre-Covid...

And now people are griping about some Berger bullets, and some primers costing 200-300% more than they did pre-Covid?
Many housees in my area that wer $200K, are now $400K, and cannot be afforded by younger couples.
Why? Baby boomer and Investor money is driving the cost of housing up like never before...because the demand is there like never before.
(Kinda like primers and bullets)
A neighbor of a friend of mine, recently sold his house for 1.6 milliion dollars..pre-Covid is what valued at $630,000
But hey...at least the price of the house didn't go up 300%+ like primers have...

Bottom line, please quit griping about pricing
So now it's all because of baby boomers? What a joke.

I think a lot of us get preturbed at some of the pricing we see in the sale ads but like many have said, I just move on and hope it works out on its own. I've been fortunate to deal w/ good people on here in both buy and sell. Just trying to help each other out while we go through these rough times.

So now it's all because of baby boomers? What a joke.
In regards to housing…
Go talk to several realtors at different realty businesses…. And several general contractors as well.
Ask them who has the money to buy the housing, and do the large addition/remodels…
The money is coming from investors/investments, and people with large amounts of cash equity in their homes (or owns their home outright)
How much has housing gone up in your neck of the woods?…

Please be honest, and report your findings.

Last edited:
In regards to housing…
Go talk to several realtors at different realty businesses…. And several general contractors as well.
Ask them who has the money to buy the housing, and do the large addition/remodels…
The money is coming from investors/investments, and people with large amounts of cash equity in their homes (or owns their home outright)
How much has housing gone up in your neck of the woods?…

Please be honest, and report your findings.
Maybe someone should start a separate thread to air grievances on gun related sales.

Not my place, but housing, vehicles, etc... really not gun forum topics.

It's a shame to see relatively new posters trying to turn this site into another Gun Broker dumping ground. Tightened selling restrictions could easily prevent most of this but it's certainly not my call.

Classifieds, in general, have taken over the threads where it's not unusual to see 10 consecutive "For Sale" threads in a row.

LRH is still one of the best sites on the web but the classifieds have certainly changed the cosmetics of things.

It's a shame to see relatively new posters trying to turn this site into another Gun Broker dumping ground. Tightened selling restrictions could easily prevent most of this but it's certainly not my call.

Classifieds, in general, have taken over the threads where it's not unusual to see 10 consecutive "For Sale" threads in a row.

LRH is still one of the best sites on the web but the classifieds have certainly changed the cosmetics of things.
It probably also has to do with the times. Before, you could find most of what you needed at retail stores. With the shortage, it should be expected that people have flocked to classifieds in forums to find what they are looking for since it non existent in many stores.

I do agree that LRH is one of the better sites. This is usually my first stop when looking for an item or searching for help on an issue I am having with reloading.

Not sure why this thread has turned into what it has. When you break it down to its simplest form, if you don't like the price, move on. No point on berating a guy cause he's trying to make some money. Do I agree with selling something for twice the price just cause the market says you can, no, but I'm not gonna go after someone for it. I just won't pay the price. I also hate the whole 'new guy' thing. The whole 'you should have XX amount of posts to be trustworthy' is ludicrous to me. I certainly get forum rules and follow them but to use that as cornerstone to whether you trust someone is plain stupid. Someone with 1k posts is the same as someone with 10 posts to me and I treat a buy or sell the same way. I mainly join these forums to access the classifieds, do I try and rip people off, hell no but there's some real quality items that I like on these forums and buying and selling locally isn't always the best. I personally paid the money to access the LRH classifieds. The majority of my postings in online forums (AT, Rok, LRH,…)are the classifieds. We were all given 2 eyes, 2 ears and only 1 mouth for a reason….meaning we should read and listen more then we talk. Sorry for the rant, had a mid afternoon crown and water and now I'm a keyboard warrior 😂

Not sure why this thread has turned into what it has. When you break it down to its simplest form, if you don't like the price, move on. No point on berating a guy cause he's trying to make some money. Do I agree with selling something for twice the price just cause the market says you can, no, but I'm not gonna go after someone for it. I just won't pay the price. I also hate the whole 'new guy' thing. The whole 'you should have XX amount of posts to be trustworthy' is ludicrous to me. I certainly get forum rules and follow them but to use that as cornerstone to whether you trust someone is plain stupid. Someone with 1k posts is the same as someone with 10 posts to me and I treat a buy or sell the same way. I mainly join these forums to access the classifieds, do I try and rip people off, hell no but there's some real quality items that I like on these forums and buying and selling locally isn't always the best. I personally paid the money to access the LRH classifieds. The majority of my postings in online forums (AT, Rok, LRH,…)are the classifieds. We were all given 2 eyes, 2 ears and only 1 mouth for a reason….meaning we should read and listen more then we talk. Sorry for the rant, had a mid afternoon crown and water and now I'm a keyboard warrior 😂
Why not have another and let's see where it takes you. . .

It probably also has to do with the times. Before, you could find most of what you needed at retail stores. With the shortage, it should be expected that people have flocked to classifieds in forums to find what they are looking for since it non existent in many stores.

I do agree that LRH is one of the better sites. This is usually my first stop when looking for an item or searching for help on an issue I am having with reloading.
Well said.

Why not have another and let's see where it takes you. . .
300 whisper.png

Not a rant, I agree 100 % especially judging people based on the number of posts they put up .