I know I am not the only one: Weatherby 307

Accuracy?

I specifically bought the 307 because I wanted a 240 weatherby. I know it's not a "cool" cartridge, but it's cool to me. I went into this rifle knowing I would replace the trigger and the stock. I put an AG composite stock with a triggertech diamond 2stage trigger. I shoot 90 grain accubonds at 3350 with 1/2" consistency at 100 yards.

read at the top I put the 307 Alpine stock on my Fusion TI Action/Proof Carbon barrel. It came with the Manners EH1 but I wanted to make it lighter, thus the Peak 44 stock. Make sense? Sorry, I'm not great with my wording (old age).

I specifically bought the 307 because I wanted a 240 weatherby. I know it's not a "cool" cartridge, but it's cool to me. I went into this rifle knowing I would replace the trigger and the stock. I put an AG composite stock with a triggertech diamond 2stage trigger. I shoot 90 grain accubonds at 3350 with 1/2" consistency at 100 yards.
I have always wanted a 240 Weatherby. I think there cool 😎

So, Weatherby is moving away from the Mark V to this Remington 700 clone. Does that mean the end of the Vanguard/Howa? I don't see why they'd need the Vanguard with this rifle, and it offers advantages to them that the Vanguard doesn't, e.g., it's their action, it is compatible with all of the 700 stocks, bottom metal, triggers, barrels, etc. So, will they go with a premium Mark V line with gloss wood or synthetic stocks, and a budget/entry line based on the 307 with synthetic and chassis stocks?

If they have good, repeatable precision on the 307 it will definitely make a splash in the R700 clone market, but they should offer it with a .378 bolt face for short actions... or sell additional bolts.

PTG makes an R700 clone for $700, and it has a reputation for being a solid, precision-made action. That's the 307 'builder's model' competition.

So, Weatherby is moving away from the Mark V to this Remington 700 clone. Does that mean the end of the Vanguard/Howa? I don't see why they'd need the Vanguard with this rifle, and it offers advantages to them that the Vanguard doesn't, e.g., it's their action, it is compatible with all of the 700 stocks, bottom metal, triggers, barrels, etc. So, will they go with a premium Mark V line with gloss wood or synthetic stocks, and a budget/entry line based on the 307 with synthetic and chassis stocks?

If they have good, repeatable precision on the 307 it will definitely make a splash in the R700 clone market, but they should offer it with a .378 bolt face for short actions... or sell additional bolts.

PTG makes an R700 clone for $700, and it has a reputation for being a solid, precision-made action. That's the 307 'builder's model' competition.
Watching the podcast I didn't get that impression. The vanguard is the lower tier the Mark v is on the opposite end. This is a mid tier option in the middle. The 700 is like the small block chevy of the gun world. The most aftermarket options. Plus they improved on it addressing some of the
common flaws. I'm very intrigued by their carbon barrel alpine. It's more than a savage ultralite but being on the 700 platform is a bonus.